Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Unearthed a Paleo point!!!!!!

Was out digging today and found this point!!!! I know it is Paleo, but not 100% on the type. I would love to get everyones input. I was thinking Clovis, Golondrina or some type of Dalton.

Re: Unearthed a Paleo point!!!!!!

My guess would be Golondrina. Nice one at that.

I would have agree with Teh. It has the classic flared ears of a Golondrina. A plainview or clovis are generally straight down, but I am not an expert. Great point though!

This could be a Clovis,they are known to have the more rounded body with a short point.It looks like it could possibly be fluted. What's the other side look like? The base does fit the Golondrina type more closely, but there are examples of Clovis like this as well.Maybe it was reworked??

Nice find!

I agree with ALL the appraisals, it definitely has the distinctive Paleo look.

Being in such fine condition, Thats an absolutely wonderful find. Congratulations.

It's easy to imagine the tip shape as being from being resharpened..that would give it even more of a personal touch as the owner didn't just discard a
damaged piece until it was down to the nub..

Are we expecting to see more Paleo finds from that level or was it just a " washed in " find with younger artifacts ?

I hope there will be more but it is the first Paleo to come out of that site. It also came out of the last 2X2'' of dirt. Can't wait to get back and see what might be close by.

Just Beautiful!

Yes indeed !

awesome paleo. congrats. can i have it?

Golondrina all the way ! You gotta love finding that!

Super nice find!!

I am saying Golondrina as well, but its a great paleo piece forsure! Congrats & thanks for posting it...John

Definately a Golindrina, A nice too. Nothing like finding one. Good Job. I am still looking for another one.