Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Burnet County finds from November & December

These finds are from 3 different weekends.

Not sure what to call this one. Any help is appreciated.

I'm thinking this one is a Hardin but not sure. It came from a pretty deep layer.

No idea on this one. I came out about a foot below the one I'm calling a Hardin.

Cleaned up pic of the two. This piece of bone is purposely beveled on each face of each end. Not sure what it would be used for.

One day dig.

Early triangle and not sure on the other. One day.

Weekend dig. Found the half of metate and grinding stone still together.

One day dig. Nice Montell.

Can you say "translucent"

Both of these were found the same day. Mine on the left and my friend's on the right.

Re: Burnet County finds from November & December

Well this is a surprise posting ... all this time we thought you were completely tied up watching Seseme Street with the family !

That Hardin alone is a jewel. Could the lower find be in the Hell gap family ? I dont know what other words to use,,,I think I have heard that the designation " Hell Gap" no longer exists.

Lotta ' elbow grease ' evident on that relatively small Matate.. good find.

Tks for the show.

Looks like a table-rock and a Hardin but these types are from my area not Texas? Maybe north east Texas but central? Let me know if other types have been found in that area please or I'm thinking early stemmed!

Nice finds! The Dalton is very nice, and a later made point from the same culture that made the Scottsbluff, one of my favorites.

nice finds geeTen I haven't been out there in a while I'm going to that paydig outside of gatesville Saturday we should go diggin when you get a chance, found a killer ensor and a broke montell last weekend

Sorry had Dalton on the brain...meant Hardin

Holy ......How's THAT for an optical delusion !

Did GX really find TWO perfect Hardin points ?

Check the Hardin in hand in the report above....Now get back to the front page and look for another "Hardin in hand "

Both are fine points but bigger is more beautifuler