Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Surface finds, IDs needed and more

Had some free time last week and today so i went looking... found a couple of good ones.

photo IMAG0401_zps0a7040c2.jpg

This one has two right next to each other!

photo IMAG0403_zps78ea98af.jpg

photo IMAG0405_zps7809fded.jpg

I think this was and ango turned into a drill, what do ya'll think?

photo IMAG0417_zps421ec433.jpg

I have the overstreet guide and can't ID the two on the right, please help. I found the one on the left many years ago and never thought much of it till last week when I was going through my artifacts... it is a corner tanged small knife. This is the only corner tang i have found on my place.

photo IMAG0400_zpse8b85a3d.jpg

When I was going through them I decided to set most of them out and snap a picture. If ya'll see anything that stands out let me know and I will take a close up, enjoy.

photo IMAG0394_BURST003_zps9cedd536.jpg
 photo IMAG0396_BURST002_COVER_zpsda4b1c2c.jpg

Re: Surface finds, IDs needed and more

Wow! If that's what your finding on the surface just imagine whats 6'deep! Nice show.

Brandon
Wow! If that's what your finding on the surface just imagine whats 6'deep! Nice show.

Thanks. I have dug a little with a guy from here (Scott A) but there is so much on the surface I feel like I am wasting my time. I never really researched digging that much so I don't really know where to start. I did notice a couple of spots with fire rock so I might try again one day or a screen dig. Also, the area I find them us huge, probably 25-30 acres so it would be a lifetime of digging... One day I would like to bring an archeologist out there to help me get a better understanding of the property and history if the site.

Very neat report..
Re ID guessses; Perd & possible Godley. I dont care for Angostura drill, radius of the base sides too strong. maybe something more like a Travis.

That was a really big job to layout all the finds in an orderly manner, looks good. Too far away for spotting possible unique piece. Big one at the bottom with the incurved base is remenicent of a Plainview ( Paleo ) but also might be a Kinny.

There IS one unique factor of the collection that is very outstanding....
The vast majority that are not bird points are STEMLESS. Nothing wrong with that, it just shows that they were from South of an imaginary line thats as solid as barbed wire defining exclusively stemmed points on the North side and Not stemmed to the south.

Tks for the show, especially the insitus

PS:
For more details..> type in STEMMED in the search block above. Among all the posts, start with " STEMMED VS UNSTEMMED by Te.

Be sure to hit " view entire thread "