Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Surface findings, StoneTommahawk

I have been hunting Arrow Heads since I was able to walk by holding onto my mothers dress. They took us children Hunting every week around Texas. Since then I always hunted while working in the Oil Fields in the 1970 and so on. I have a Perfect Stone Tomahawk that I would like some one to be able to date, I found this in Bexar County. years ago also another I believe dates back to Earlier man.

If any one is interested in helping please contact me.

I currently have over 400 pieces that i picked up.

Sincerely
Harold Hughes

Re: Surface findings, StoneTommahawk

Stone Axes / celts / plows / tomahawks are pretty rare items from other than East Tx. Best bet to get a proper opinion on that find is take it to an
artifact show where there are many professional dealers to ask.
Luling March 9th....Fredericksburg March 30th.

Re: Surface findings, StoneTommahawk

Here's a link to a website that may or may not be helpful Mr. Hughes. They were very useful appraising the Celt stones I found in central texas http://www.artifactgrading.com/appraisals.htm

Good luck!