Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ENCHANTED WEEKEND AT JUNO TEXAS

Saturday 2-16, end of the day finds.
this is not all..4 people had to leave as soon as the dirt was off the table.

Photobucket

Excellent camping cooking...
Looks like Ryan decorated his big ( Idaho ? )potato with every garnish known to man....PEPPER STEAK

Photobucket

Sunday 2-17, end of the day finds
More haste to get away, no where near the complete finds of the day.

Photobucket

For a better idea of the days work, , , , , There were 12 people there, all getting dirt from the same area, we all got about the same volume of finds.

My finds are on the far right...seperated by a slight gap from my table buddy Roberts' ( Robert of Arabia ) finds ... X 6 tables

Re: ENCHANTED WEEKEND AT JUNO TEXAS

Great Report Hal, Sounds like a good weekend was had by all. Will you have any more pics from that weekend to post? Did Nacho mention when the next Juno dig would be? Thanks, John....

John Fraser
Will you have any more pics from that weekend to post? Did Nacho mention when the next Juno dig would be? ...

Juno Supporting pics at tomorrow

If Nach lets me know the schedule I'll post. At the moment I dont know.

I DID directly ask Nacho what he was going to do with his life after the Barks dig was really over.

I couldn't hear his reply, he was too hard !

Overlook of midden #2

Photobucket

To the right of above pic showing midden #1

Photobucket

Let the work day begin

Photobucket

Roberts' table catches those first warm morning rays

Photobucket

Blade with a story for finder Rodney;
Rod found a base and walked it around to the tables to look for the tip......Nacho had it ! What are the chances ? After dig layout and inspection has a very low rate of matches ( part of which may be because not every one puts out their broken finds ).
Ron's blade WAS broken in antiquity.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Time flies.... time already

Photobucket

Robert gulped down a and spent the rest of lunch time cleaning his mornings' finds...
Rob has a very noteworthy system....toothbrush scrub in water then drop them in a container of vinegar ( 9% strength )...to soak and loosen unwanted scale.

Photobucket

Cliff hard at work

Photobucket

By late afternoon, people slow down teir working pace, Carol keeps her table team working 100% with the help of a hickory switch

Photobucket

SHOWTIME

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lee put his better ones off to the side.

Photobucket

Photobucket

End of the day survey crew

Photobucket

Sunday morn begins

Photobucket

Very early find for SH, a diamond in the rough....a very respectable KK

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nacho does not impress easy but he brought this find around to show. A Pandale with a really severe twist.

Photobucket

No one could identify this big point John found... I helped confuse the ID by suggesting that it might be a "drill" with the bit being worked from the base.

Photobucket

A fine needle tip find from Nach

Photobucket

It was a clear warm sunny after noon with very high steady winds...
Only our guest, Robert of Arabia was completely at ease in the swirling dust

Photobucket

Blade

Photobucket

Winston did a good job spotting this treasure in the mass of rocks...It's a true atalatl weight. Limestone, notched at both ends and slightly curved

Photobucket

A very high G rating for Rex's Marcos

Photobucket

Frank records an Early Triangle for the memory book.

Photobucket

I walked down to the dig site to see the progress and found a blade that had come to rest on the side of the road.

Photobucket

Cliff was forewarned of all the fire rock. He made a rock claw ( named the "Saber tooth" )by bending the tines over from a pitch fork ( 2 outboard tines reverse bent so as not to catch in the screen mesh )

Photobucket

Even in a dust storm...the show must go on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John had to leave at noon, these are his morning's finds.

Photobucket

It was a two bag day for SH

Photobucket

This is how the site looks at the end of the day. It's the downhill side

Photobucket

This is the uphill side. Still no determination if the giant boulder is on top of the camp, the digging stopped 8 feet short of the base. there is
still 3 feet thick of fire rock at that point. next crew take note

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wow Hal, that's a boat load of points. That must of been one heavily occupied camp! Congrats on the KK, I've yet to add one to my collection. You never posted a cleaned up pick of it. I finally added a Base tang last week, will post a pic later.

Yeah, Hal, show us a cleaned up pic of it. Looks like a nice one from what I can see.

Tehuacana
Yeah, Hal, show us a cleaned up pic of it. Looks like a nice one from what I can see.

I may have to work late into the night to organise a proper picture but I'll put something up in the early hours