Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Good Start to 2013 !

I lost my Internet connect there for a couple of months, but that didn't stop
me from diggin. I found the Corner notcher right after the first of the year
with the Eagle Perforator. Then I found the screamer about a week later and then the translucent Perd with the knife point the week before last. Been twice skunked since my last good one. I guess I can't whine too much since the bird and my last 3 Whole heads found were all over 3 inches and all were case worthy. The bent Perd is 4 inches. It's bent so much I think it's going to break in the case. The little White Perd was found by my Wife.
She was so happy ! Enjoy Y'all.
 photo JanFebfinds010_zps0f61bcff.jpg
 photo JanFebfinds013_zps1bebdb37.jpg
 photo JanFebfinds015_zps6fa967b4.jpg

Re: Good Start to 2013 !

Sweet finds!!!!!

WOW... . . . . . .LOOK AT THE DATE ON THAT COIN !

And some top flight finds. If the original owner ever fired that bent Perd he might have invented the North American Boomerang.

Think the owner made that perforator from a 5 inch Castroville ??

Good show.

Nice finds! The big Comanche Pedernales is awesome!

Thanks Y'all. I can't figure out how to see the whole image on my wife's P.C. The whole right side of the picture is missing. I have tried the Compatability button but it still does not fix it.. Do y'all See the whole Pict ? On my view on the fourum the Corner Notcher in the top right of the middle pict is cut in half. But the original in photobucket the piece is all there... I don't know if I'm doing somthing wrong on this P.C. or is there another prob. Any suggestions ?

I had the same problem Kris,it depended on what device I used to take the picture with. If I used my phone it worked fine,if I used my camera I had that problem. The capacity of the pixels are to much for photobucket.If you make a zip file it adjusts the picture for you so that its not to large.If you right click on your mouse while the cursor is on the picture, and go to (send to) go to (compressed zip folder) it will reduce the picture so that it will download on photobucket properly.

I was under the impression that this website's host "automatically" modifies all incoming pics to a set dimension no matter what the incoming is.

When I download my camera pics ( using the software that comes with the camera ) no matter what the camera pixel setting, the picture is H U G E, all I see on the screen is about 10% ( I have now put it on the lowest pixel setting trying to get a small format, no change.)

So I go back and EDIT > RESIZE each and every pic. Thats mainly so I can someday run through all the pics and see it all properly PLUS, just standard Emailing doesn't automatically reduce and the receiving party would only get 10%

This is the first time I have encountered any prob. Usally I upload the photo to photo bucket full size and their program resizes it for their viewer. Then I copy the HTML and paste it into the text box on Austin Diggers Bravenet and they have always transfered full size there as well. The only difference between before and now for me is... 1 I'm using my Wifes P.C. and 2 PhotoBucket changed their format into folders. The problem is not on the Photobucket side ( I don't think ) cause if you click on the photo on the fourum it will re-direct to my photo bucket account and the pictures are whole there. Only when viewing on the fourum is the right side of the pict missing. I know I can re-size them and make them fit, but I would prefer not to. I will try and use another P.C. to upload my next photos so I can eliminate one of the variables. Thanks for the input y'all

The possibility that individual PCs can produce different ( unwanted ? ) effects is very real for me. consider this situation.

Just retired my 8 year old Dell laptop. ( 8 YEARS in the tech world, like going from the Jurasic to this morning ! )......Got a new HP brand PC.
Each company wants to be different so familiar functions are in a slightly different place or different to get to...I'm living with it...

But, to the heart of the subject matter which is pictures, it took me TWO DAYS to learn how to just download pics out of the camera...I could not find which button to push OR what it was telling me.

I loaded the software program that came with the camera and that I have been using for 5 years....On a blue screen, a small Blue and white block showed up automatically and said " CHECK PICTURES TO BE COPIED " several different info blocks appeared as the process worked...

NOW when I hookup the cam for downloads...A JET BLACK SCREEN APPEARS and Automatically checks "new" pics...the only words in the screen is " IMPORT & CANCEL.."...all the rest of the needed functions are on a black screen and formatted differently...I'm living with it.

What I cant understand to this very minute is that the program wrtters put very specific commands on that disk that are as unchangeable as writing on a stone tablet. like " DISPLAY A FOUR INCH BLUE BOX 4 INCHES X 3 INCHES SQUARE WITH 6 LINES ACROSS IT AND THE WORDS xxx, xxx, xx, xxxxx INSERTED ON 4 LINES "

How the hell could my new modern up to date PC read that as " DISPLAY FULL PAGE JET BLACK SCREEN WITH 2 WORDS. !

>

Your lucky to have that long of a life span of your computer. Mine craters every other year, self destructs.

Now all you need is an Iphone 5!