Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trying to find a "Pay for Dig" near Moody or Ogelsby, Tx

I am trying to locate a ranch where my husband and I dug years ago. It was out from Moody, TX and possibly near Ogelsby. It is not Chrisners. It was on the Leon River and had a lot of blue flint. Please let me know if you have info on this ranch. Thanks

Re: Trying to find a "Pay for Dig" near Moody or Ogelsby, Tx

Dont know about the blue flint but LARRY RAYS has been a public dig for many years. I think it's on 1996 just a few miles south of Ogelsby.
I dont think I have every seen a single picture posting regarding this site.
It's still open as of a few months ago. It's not a case of no finds but those that know the location have kept the "secret" so as not to encourage more diggers.

Since you have been there, maybe just take a Sunday ride and see if you can recognise the old place...

If you find it, it would be kind of you to post the location details for the rest of us

Go through Oglesby from 84. a couple of miles out of town you come to a stop sign. The road goes right, left, straight or right left stagger. This will make sense once you see it. Take the staggered right/left. about a mile up you come to a nice home on the left that is on the corner lot. go left. About two miles up you cross the Leon river bridge. Property is on the right.If you go to the Coffee House in McGregor on a weekday morning, Larry Ray is usually there from 7-8 am. Good luck

Thanks so much for the info. I will give it a try and post the results.

Thanks so much for the directions. My grandson and I will check this out this weekend.

Larry joe have a number?