Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DOWN MEMORY LANE , , , ,

Starr Adventure ranch open again
Amazingly, this major dig area is still standing, minus 4 feet deep of indian camp dirt...

photo DSCF8163_zps69d43e93.jpg

There is still good looking dirt to attract die hards

photo DSCF8164_zps38149a7e.jpg

After doing a lot of "screening" lately, a real insitu was welcome

photo DSCF8157_zpsff603c56.jpg

photo DSCF8159_zpsf7ed4214.jpg

Top O the Hill

photo DSCF8162_zps29bf39c8.jpg

photo DSCF8161_zps36dc5a52.jpg

Brake for jaywalking Ranch residents

photo DSCF8166_zpsf2a7ad50.jpg

Re: DOWN MEMORY LANE , , , ,

Hal, My son and I were there all day long walking the back. Didnt find anything but was a beatiful day for a walk in the woods!!! We saw your car on the way out about 2:30 and stoped and tryed to find you. Crossed the slough and climbed the hill but never found you. Sorry we missed you!

Back in the day, Starr ranch

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Hal was in a hole and hard to spot unless you're a ******. Great pics.

Wow Gtwn thats a great set of pics, a perfect addition to a history of an ongoing site.
I thought of you and the big blade you found in the tree roots very close to where the tools are sitting in my tree pics. We thought we were going nice and deep at 2 feet down.!
I always thought the "Marshall" site was misnamed just because Flo found that one huge Marshall.... My scratching around your old diggings always produced more medium sized Williams' as in your finds on the Matate...

There are always finds around a good site...and deeper. In your pic of the area with the umbrella showing in the frame, to the right and just behind where the cameraman stood......recent diggers have moved all the old throw dirt and was deep in the red. The area is so large, it's one of those situations that say " they MUST have been finding something to have done so much work "

I was just doing test holes in numerous areas and came up with one of those "nicked tooth " Montells...also in silver grey so common to the area.
I tried to make my pic similar to yours. ( but couldnt find a digger for the backround ! )

photo DSCF8169_zps5e8aeb88.jpg

I'm not going to repair the barb, it's actually been used as a knife, the barb is not just broken but resharpend down.

B, about that time of day I was digging at the site talked about above, up stream from the main spring.

Ida, You should remember this area well,,in Gtwns' pic above, you dug on the uphill side from where the fellow in the red shirt is standing.
Remember all the good finds you had ??? ( and left laying beside your dig hole ! )