Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
W TX MEMORABLE SURFACE FIND

Here is a really beautiful find from the WTX reunion party. Didn't include with the first report til it got COAd...

While some of the boys were grubbing in the dirt, Cliff's squeeze, Monique went surfacing a good distance from the main dig area..

Whoo hooo. . . .>

photo DSCF8229_zpse0756298.jpg

photo DSCF8231_zpsf073eaff.jpg

Even though we dont see his face just the way Cliff is holding the find speaks volumes.

photo DSCF8225_zps55e4a1fe.jpg

It's a Williams base tang

photo DSCF8227_zps54434b06.jpg

A very happy occasion forever imortalised in pixels.

photo DSCF8230_zpsd1f7cf90.jpg

Later it was show and tell time when meeting up with the rest of the crew

photo DSCF8234_zpsfb323950.jpg

photo DSCF8235_zps826177d1.jpg

that night Monique showed us how big the find was...it was too precious to bring to a cookout, , , kept safely in a velvet lined display case at the house.

photo DSCF8256_zps256e6d1c.jpg

NO COA NEEDED

Here's the story;
Well before the reunion weekend, Cliff's digging buddy ( who shall remain anonymous )..lets call him "Jerry"....planted a modern made point far from the actual dig area...his intention was to lead some of the guest surface hunters to the general area..one of THEM was bound to find it as it was so large..

Enter the fickle finger of fate !
A family emergency called Jerry out of state...he was not at the reunion to follow though on the "find"

Doing a proper job of surfacing, Monique found it !..

Now Jerry can spend the next year in fear and trembling of NEXT April fools day

Re: W TX MEMORABLE SURFACE FIND

Well hal , thanks for coming out to our little ranch & all that you do & yes we will call him Jerry , that's a much nicer name than what we were calling him , after he fessed up to his little back fired prank . We all know as what comes around , will go around , so with that said , there is a big bulls eye on Jerry's back & sooner or later his turn will come . Not only will his intended target be plotting revenge , so is his latest victim , ah if we was as good as you in the prank department , we would have it in the bag .

So poor Michelle wasn't the butt of the joke this year? I'll bet she was watching you like a hawk Hal.

I have "Salted" an area from time to time for the grandkids or a bunch of cub scouts but I always use real relics. Its none of my business but I sort of feel sorry for the Lady who found that thing and I fail to see any humor in it.

Well she's a good sport & the prankster who perpetrated the crime had no intent to lead any body on , only the intended victom , that would be told after the big joke , he just for got about it & the fact he had to leave town on emergency family death buisness , we will cut him some slack & in our group we are allways pulling some body's leg , so it's all good . & yes I'm thinking Michele got a pass this year , I think she is in planing mode 101 to get hal next year .

Wow that's a pretty dang good prank. I must say