Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Juno Update part 2, 3-23-24-13

Hi All, Well after our 1600+ mile roundtrip to the awesome Juno Digsite in Val Verde co., TX, here is my set of pics I took from our first day of screening there. On Friday, March 22,we left a cold KS(42F was the high in KS that Friday) at 5am sharp, destination, the Juno Digsite & 748 miles later, around 5:45pm, & now a simmering 92F, we rolled into the gate & looked the site over. There were 5 tables there & everything looked ready to go, so we were ready for the next days start.

Here on the screens are family & friends who I went with, from left to right, my son Chris Fraser, lifelong friends Mike White, then Earl Ray & then cousin Brad Stiles.

Here are some friends who were screening next to Chris & I on another table, Kathy, Jacob & Frank, they all did quite well these 2 days..

Her we go Sat. morning & the first table getting loaded by ours-truely, Nacho..

Heres the corner tang man, Earl, who started his Sat. with a nice bulverde..

Not long after Earl found that point, cousin Brad scored a whopper 4 5/8", nice thin pandale (maybe a pandora) knife blade on his screen, here it is "In-Situ" & then at noon after he had washed it & another point he had found this day.

By the time noon rolled around, everyone was ready for a break & the day was getting warm. Heres a couple noon break pics, top, Nacho, Kathy, Jacob & Frank. Then part of the KS group, Chris , Mike (cleaning his nose?, LOL) & Brad.

Fastforward to Sunday, the 24th, we whad hit 92F on Sat, today we woke to 39F & cold North winds 10-25mph, everyone put on more clothes & things heated up on the screens around 9:45am, when Nacho had just dumped a load on Earl & Mikes table & before they had even moved a handful of dirt, this is what Earl saw!

And in Earls hand, I shoulda used a flash, but he had a BIG smile..

Shortly then, Chris started finding eared points, he found 4 than am, as did I, only all of mine had an ear anceintly missing, oh well, this was to be Chris's day & here are his finds, "In-Situ" & "In Hand".

At the end of the day, pics were taken & here is "Anchor-Man" Hal in his pic taking mode..

Here was Chris's best points at the end of Sunday..

Here was Earls finds from Sunday..

Hope you all enjoyed the story.....John F.

Re: Juno Update part 2, 3-23-24-13

Thats a real shocker it see a corner tang roughly sitting on all that raw firerock.
Excellent report, we appreciate the time and effort for you to get it out of the camera onto the screen... If only they had a cold & dust feature on PC's we could all appreciate how intense it was...

Now you know how really tough it is for Texas flint hunters ...tee hee

Tks for the show