Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
JUNO, , , , ,Sunday 4 - 7

Day 2 of the weekend starts

photo DSCF8364_zps3468cd15.jpg

photo DSCF8383_zps21a93f78.jpg

Rudy was pulling finds out so often other diggers did not want to waste their own time by walking over for a look...
He just held them up !

photo DSCF8362_zpsfa4d5d33.jpg

photo DSCF8387_zps5793e416.jpg

Hand digger Roger had already made some very good finds so when we see him taking the time to show Nach something, we know it was really special..

photo DSCF8358_zpsecb3867e.jpg

It IS a special beauty...possibly refered to as a Langtry

photo DSCF8359_zps5f6c079f.jpg

Rudy...AGAIN
It's a bead / pendant made out of shell material...found in the "big boulder" area

photo DSCF8360_zpsbe339639.jpg

Lunch time:
Chef Cliff put together a few simple items for his dig crew...

photo DSCF8373_zps508b3518.jpg

Chilled strawberries

photo DSCF8372_zps0dc6417a.jpg

Another intense meeting in Nacho's office must mean something really big !

photo DSCF8377_zps8bcaf2c3.jpg

This find of Bill's was indeed a shocker...
Maybe the ONLY bird point found in 2 days of digging...it is PERFECT....needle tip..heavy serated, REALLY delicate base..and very small, worked on both sides ( not a flake )
Field ID said a Toyah but now that I see the books, maybe closer to a Morris ?.....wish I had a better close up

photo DSCF8378_zps03999160.jpg

Carla found a beautiful classic KK

photo DSCF8382_zps6b738ea5.jpg

photo DSCF8381_zps30e3c5c5.jpg

Some people had to get on the road early so no "after dig" layout...just started snapping pics of piles of finds !

photo DSCF8370_zps02107d1a.jpg

photo DSCF8385_zps2cc69e86.jpg

photo DSCF8379_zpsb047e390.jpg

photo DSCF8369_zps5cf1ab7e.jpg

Cliff left at Noon, these are all his weekend finds except the black gorget.

photo DSCF8375_zpsdb94af1e.jpg

photo DSCF8376_zps7d794b33.jpg

Ace found a big Perd and a damaged LAGUNA

photo DSCF8386_zps6aa54366.jpg

This is Roger's best case of the best of his finds...
Good pic for a possible clarification....:
We can see a big Langtry, closeup can be seen seen in the final pics of the SATURDAY report. Upper left is the "Langtry" shown above where Roger is showing to Nacho...
I now think that it's a perfect laguna. Look at that notched base !

photo DSCF8380_zpsda2d9dae.jpg

This is the hand dig area at the end of the day

photo DSCF8388_zpsc5229f15.jpg

This is a big clam shell that broke like the leaves of a book..no man made marks on it that I could see.

photo DSCF8389_zps63a3cbe2.jpg

After Rudy left at noon, I scratched in his "hot spot"...This beautiful blade that he missed was found right at the tip of the point in the pic.

photo DSCF8393_zps64e05df7.jpg

And washed, with Indian paintbrush flowers.

photo DSCF8396_zps7114ace1.jpg

Re: JUNO, , , , ,Sunday 4 - 7

wow! very good finds. looks successful. wish i'd been there. or, wish i could have been there. thanks for update and photos Hal. very cool. that langtry thing and possible toyah are really neat. looks dusty and dry there

travis mcgaughey
wow! very good finds. looks successful. wish i'd been there. or, wish i could have been there. thanks for update and photos Hal. very cool. that langtry thing and possible toyah are really neat. looks dusty and dry there

My thought's as well!! Looks like there was alot activities around the big boulder! That is the 3rd or 4th piece made from the Zebra flint.

I didn't know Kerville knifes were found that far West?

Pooter
I didn't know Kerville knifes were found that far West?

Back to Dr Hesters' new edition again,,very good description including range.
Other than the shaded range limits, Amistad Resevoir is specifically noted and that is less than 30 miles due south of the Juno site.
That I know of, 5 KK's ( 1 of my own ) have been found at the Juno dig, could be more not reported.

Trav...Dusty & dry is certainly a way of life at the site. What pics cant properly convey is that a strong wind compounds the effect immensely...
Imagine having a Bobcat bucket load of black talcum powder, lift it up and drop it from a height....with the wind blowing sideways
After a dig, most people wash off in the river, thats why is looks so murky downstream.

Sandy, Probably due to the soil composition, ALL pieces of flint is found with a coating of dirt ( not scale ) that removes easily with water...ZERO pieces ever tumble out with any flash of color. Almost all the flint has some sort of good SW Tx variety...When a happens along it's a bonus.

the good thing about talcom poweder is that it sifts nicely