Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chrisners

Hi,
I am going to Chrisners Ranch this weekend after several years of looking at pictures on Austin Diggers and trying to free up some time to make the drive.
Anybody else going to be there that knows their way around? Any help is help.
Thanks

That Ensor is a killer!!

Barry Neptune
Hi,
I am going to Chrisners Ranch this weekend - Any help is help.
Thanks

I was there yesterday. Looks like most of the interest these days is at camp 13 at the far N end of the ranch. Lots of new digging evident,
just continue where the last digger left off. If any other digger is there be sure to ask their ideas on the area ( especially if it's Mickey )

My second find of the day was a broken Matate

photo DSCF8569_zps3e16602d.jpg

I was REALLY impressed with the remains of a firepit / hearth right at the very lowest level, just inches above the "bedrock". . . .arrows point to charcoal remains.

photo DSCF8570_zpsdfcc352e.jpg

Fires are great, we know for sure that they were sitting around it at some time. I just found a small point and a couple of brokes . . . . .there could be more on the other side of the fire ( another 10 feet in ? )

photo DSCF8571_zps7269d023.jpg

It's springtime at camp 13 too

photo DSCF8572_zps4a2ae6ac.jpg

photo DSCF8573_zps166727d6.jpg

Great, thanks! That gives me somewhere to start. I'm really excited now!

SH
Barry Neptune
Hi,
I am going to Chrisners Ranch this weekend - Any help is help.
Thanks

If any other digger is there be sure to ask their ideas on the area ( especially if it's Mickey )

Well Barry, were you there Saturday to see Mickey uncover 2 blades ?

I was there all day Saturday. 1st half I was at Fulton, the other half the dày, I was over the whole ranch. Never saw anybody else out there. Where was he diggin?

Barry Neptune
I was over the whole ranch. Never saw anybody else out there. Where was he diggin?

Just by the deduction of where you were,,,,,seems like the only possibility left is camp 13

I was at camp 13 (I believe) in the afternoon. It was hard to tell what hasn't been dug because the dump piles had been moved all around with a backhoe or something.
My surface finds.
5/18/13 photo photo26.jpg

Barry Neptune
It was hard to tell what hasn't been dug because the dump piles had been moved all around with a backhoe or something.

Thats THE place alright !

Good job on the surface finds including the nice complete one ( Carrolton maybe ? ) Why get involved with landscaping when goodies can just be picked up.

5/23 - 3 ranchhands check a water tank

photo DSCF8594_zps125a255c.jpg

Richard has just removed the big overhand that had developed over the occupation levels.

photo DSCF8595_zpsb0516d31.jpg

The ranch map is on the wall next to the sign in board

photo DSCF8593_zps74654eae.jpg