Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For Hal , How are umbrellas mounted to screen tables

Hal- you should try a bungee cord. No engineering required. Just wrap and go!

Dr.Rock
try a bungee cord. No engineering required. Just wrap and go!

Heartily agreed, the very simplest solution to a project is always the best.

Also, since this morning's posting, I've been on Walmarts' website ( WALMART.COM ).. along with 50+ umbrellas of all sizes & colors ( & $ )...I see they offer an umbrella holder said to be made for clamping on a Golf cart rail.

No needed.

Hal ! Thanks for the photos , it got me pointed in the right direction , got something built & ready to go , so I will try it out thus weekend & hope for the best , it's going to be a hot one for sure , so I have lots of water , big shade hat & umbrella I hope that does the trick. I will do my part. & try to take what pictures I can , as I will get Jason to post them for me , that boy is a computer savey smart fellow & I will have to watch how he does it so I can figure it out , you know monkey see monkey do , stay cool where ever you be, talk to you soon . Thanks cliff .

Hal,
Better stick to diggin dirt. If I were a welding contractor and you interviewd with something like that I would probly have only one thing to say.
REALLY, are you serious?
On a serious note, you are one ingenious feller.

M. Ellis
If I were a welding contractor and you interviewd with something like that I would probly have only one thing to say.
REALLY, are you serious?

Very true but it's craftily according to plan....haven't had anyone ask me to make them one.! I think I may try something out of PVC next

What a beauty !

At a recent dig: Peggy, Max & Karl all had a super big style of umbrella....Just made for sportsmen ( like diggers / screeners & beach goers )

It's appropriately named SPORT BRELLA ( put that into Google )

Pointed rather thin metal shaft ( pushes into sand or throw dirt )
The ribs are a strong carbon fiber, flaps for added horizontal protection AND a really great feature, tie down rings at the end of each rib...excellent for moderate wind gust control..

photo DSCF8614_zpsd464e93a.jpg

$36. at Sams...
From the google info, up to $60. at some places. From a discount mailorder place $32.

Hal
The umbrellas come with a stake and tie down kit and a storage bag,great deal for $36.00

7/21,,,,first chance to tryout the super dooper holder.....

photo DSCF8875_zps267c81c6.jpg

Worked good

photo DSCF8876_zps4fa0864e.jpg

Still to be myth buster tested...Is it better than a bungee on a leg ?

photo DSCF8878_zps47a04aef.jpg

The jokes on ME !

I gave a trial run to ANOTHER new shade invention..."the backpack brella "

On this visit to the SW Texas desert country ....IT RAINED !
Not heavy but lightly for up to an hour at a time...so the new invention worked great for as well as shade .

photo DSCF8845_zps6d935665.jpg

photo DSCF8864_zps9bb573ff.jpg

It's one of those drink backpacks with PVC pipe screwed to a piece of plywood.
The key part of the rig is the swivel to allow different angles ....friction lock to hold.

photo DSCF8879_zps747518a5.jpg