Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GOOD TIMING AT THE STARR RANCH

Starting the day right. . . .

photo DSCF8579_zpsd784a27c.jpg

The 706

photo DSCF8580_zps6e417e57.jpg

The whole gang came by for a look see

photo DSCF8582_zpsb2ff7907.jpg

Time to go, as forecast...storm clouds are on the way.

photo DSCF8584_zpsc52c86e2.jpg

NOT forecast. . . turned out the 706 was the most complete find of the day.
Lots of other pieces to keep the interest up including half a granite mono, teeth and preform types

photo DSCF8583_zps5041f21d.jpg

photo DSCF8585_zps56d84c93.jpg

Perfect timing. sitting dry in the vehicle, here's the first raindrop to hit

photo DSCF8588_zps15f4bea6.jpg

now washed with some rainwater, the Perd find was a very white color

photo DSCF8587_zps4ab818ea.jpg

The in Starr falls mainly on the

photo DSCF8589_zpsd6f8e49f.jpg

There was thunder & very VERY close when I started walking off that high hill...I was nOT happy carrying 3 big lightning rods ( dig tools )

Re: GOOD TIMING AT THE STARR RANCH

good work Hal. Glad you made it out before the mud stuck to tires. Nice perd too

What we got there, a nail or old railroad spike? That's a pretty good days worth of finds. At least you're getting some rain. That'll make surface hunting good.

Trav, re mud; Parked on the main gravel road right from early morn...thats a one wheel drive vehicle.. . a bit of dew on the grass and I would be camping there

Te, Horse shoe nail. Some part of that top of the hill had a livestock corral ( now completely dug under )..I got 3 "lucky" horse shoes.
re rain, drought relief $ notwithstanding. . . . Central Tx has had some degree of rain every week since January...thats why we had Springtime in Tx the first of February ! Yes good surfacing ( where the ground can be seen ! )