Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Christners case

Re: Christners case

What are you calling the point in second pic? Killer!
Nice site frame!

Could tha be a Darl? We will be out there today big B so come on out

Very nice collection. Good to see a group from just one single area.

Classic Darl looks good but a very B I G one ! I have quite a few very similar in design but always very small ( like 1 1/2 inch )

That point on the right seems to have a lot of similarity to one found by Mickey...See his posting under " CHRISNERS "

well lets see if we can get some more folks to show and tell. Here is mine photo chriscase_zps995cfdeb.jpg

photo phone582_zps1596dff5.jpg
Here's mine from Chrisner's this past weekend. Mickey and I determined it's a Darl Stemmed, translucent rootbeer flint and the flaking is awesome on this bad boy. Measures right at 2 1/2 inches.
 photo phone586_zps71046812.jpg
I found this one back in March, I think its a Pipe Creek. Anyone got any other ideas?

I dont have my C3 finds kept separate or I would post. ( Individual finds, see hundreds of reports over the last 10 yrs ! )

Very nice classic design Darl.
Re Pipe creek, Check Dr H's book for the shaded zone where these are found. It's a VERY small area.
If you didn't find it within the shaded area then it's probably a very nice nicked Triangle.

Glad I got to see you pull that one out Stoney. I love the flaking and the fact that you can see right through it. Thanx for coming down and I wish we could've found more.

Mickey
Glad I got to see you pull that one out Stoney. I love the flaking and the fact that you can see right through it. Thanx for coming down and I wish we could've found more.

Hell, I had a blast, I was wore out but it was fun. Thats how it goes sometimes. I wish that Ensor you pulled out would have been whole. I still think there is a lot of stuff left to find.

Really like the patina,and serration on the Darl. Nice one!