Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fake arrowheads

Watch out for a man by the name Robert Melton from central Texas selling fake points on Craigslist. He claims thier authentic but doesnt want them papered by anyone. He is a crook and a thief. He doesn't even have a place to dig.

Re: Fake arrowheads

Todays' society has THOUSANDS of inane "laws" against EVERYTHING....why isnt there a punishable statute against the deliberate robbing of the public ?

How about getting the Federal government on the job with interstate commerce fraud for crooks that advertise / sell 0n Ebay and similar nationwide outlets.

That SNAKE got to me also. He lives near the entrance to Mother Neff Park. He is digging on a landowners place right by the park. I am sure the landowner does not know what a SNAKE he has on his property. He also sold Richard Chrisner a FAKE Corner Tang. This neck tattooed freak was with his wife baby and mother-in-law when he sold me. In my book that makes him a snake. He changes his phone number as often as he changes his underwear, about once a month. He digs on that place in order to sell his fakes as fresh dug points. Rogers said they were pretty good fakes. I bet if the Wardens started looking for holes at Mother Neff Park, they would find some.
Bill

Thanks for the heads up. I recently emailed a guy selling some good looking points on craigslist but never heard back from him. Might be the same guy. Glad he didn't respond now. Now days there are sooo mannyyyyy fakes out there it is scary to buy them anymore due to the costs. Every so often Bill Arnold has one that catches my eye that I will buy but I also trust him. Keep your eyes open, there are always gonna be people trying to make a quick buck off the unsuspecting....

Thanks Bill, I actually never bought anything from the rat. I knew it was just to good to be true. He's asking 1000 bucks for a whole case of killer pieces. Some day he will sell to the wrong person and get hurt real bad. I wonder if he has enough balls to show his face at the Temple show?

billarnold
He also sold Richard Chrisner a FAKE Corner Tang.

Ah HA. . . . . now I recognize the deal. Here's Richards side of the scam.

The group stopped by to show R their fantastic find. R was very impressed how the mother described how wonderful it was to see the point actually "insitu" then slowly uncovered.

R showed the piece to Dwain Rogers when Dwain came to the ranch....BOTH were shocked to find that it was Dwain that actually had knapped it ! No wonder it was top quality.

It was nicely encrusted with ancient scale. After vigorous scrubbing with various brushes and soap, it would not come off....so they took the piece to the garage..
Using TURPENTINE the scale finally dissolved.

This is preplanning like a bank robbery ! And it IS indeed a robbery.

So he even has his wife lying for him also, that's pretty horrible. How can someone be so stupid and burn that many people. I bet he's scared to even leave his own house.

Sec. 32.22. CRIMINAL SIMULATION. (a) A person commits an offense if, with intent to defraud or harm another:(1) he makes or alters an object, in whole or in part, so that it appears to have value because of age, antiquity, rarity, source, or authorship that it does not have;(2) he possesses an object so made or altered, with intent to sell, pass, or otherwise utter it; or(3) he authenticates or certifies an object so made or altered as genuine or as different from what it is.(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

From Texas Penal Code....

Not quite a felony but you may still be able to file charges on this guy, depending on how long ago this happened.

Sounds like we need to gather a head hunt party together?

Fraud in Texas can be a State Jail Felony, depends on the $ involved.

JCH
Sec. 32.22.

Not quite a felony but you may still be able to file charges on this guy, depending on how long ago this happened.

Good job JCH, being able to quote the exact statue would aid authorities when filing a complaint.
Here's another thought for someone that got burned by a con artist. I found this out at an unhappy flint theft situation many years ago....Justice comes in 2 parts;

1...file a complaint with the police. If they deem it a true crime, they will pursue it on their own. No further action needed from the victim. Hopefully the criminal would be found guilty and fined ( $ to the State ) or just warned.

2...FILE A CIVIL LAWSUIT !
With a negative decision already on the books....file for damages ( $ TO THE VICTIM )
This is America ....make it nominal, like 3 million $ !

Not the same guy, but the same crime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAz34Tqq3lE