Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A weekend in the desert

Got out into the Great Basin with a buddy for some fun in the desert this weekend. Started before the sun on Saturday morning with a nice gatecliff and my luck held till the sunset which we spent hunting with some local guys. Sunday was short for the long ride back but did manage a few bird points before we gave in. Thanks for the look!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: A weekend in the desert

My better finds from the hunt.

You are truly our west coast of North America representative. Always good to see the scenic pics of your hunting grounds, Looks like your getting addicted to that
inland country. With good reason. That subtle reflected green sheen in the Obsidion is beautiful ( excepting the toad point of course )

If the rest of your crew did as well as you did, thats a LOT of artifacts ! Interesting how so many of your finds are complete, says something about poorly made pants pockets !

Tks very much for the show.

Thanks Hal, all the guys found some artifacts but I was leading with whole finds. My hunting buddy must have found 30 brokes in 2 hours with 1 decent point. I put my desert finds together from two trips, going back this weekend so hopefully I can add a few more.

They look great altogether..sorta like a visit to an artistic glass shop !

WHAT ! . . . . . .back to the flats , , , , , AGAIN !

More great finds! I just missed you by 1 day. I was over there for 6 days. spent a lot of time in Guano valley. I have a great place just outside of lakeview....some good finds on this trip..i would like to take you there sometime. For some reason I am unable to get photobucket to work or I would post some pics. I had to have michelle post some pics for me earlier this year. I will send some pics to your e-mail. snakes will be out in a few weeks so be careful if you head out there anytime soon..we ran into 3 last year...I am not a lover of snakes!

Thanks Tom, I am heading back in a few hours. We saw a few snakes on the roads but none hiking luckily! I will post any points I find when I get back!

Good lookin stuff G-town. Looks like u are on some great sites. Keep the pics comin!

From your place,which way do you go to get out there? I might be able to put you on to some spots that you could check out during your travels.

Thanks Jason. I appreciate that!

Tom. We will be around plush. Any advice is welcome!

I use the 2008 edition DeLorme Oregon atlas & gazetteer. you need to go up on top of the Abert Rim. The Paiutes had hundreds of small camps up there. That would be the west side of ***back rd. Look on your map and see if you can find Mule Lake....it is right on the edge of the rim. Rabbit creek rd will take you up there. There are no rd numbers or signs. Its all about reading your map. 4wheel drive not needed but advised, I take my jeep up there. Been hunting the top of the rim for about 6 years and could easily spend another 6 to cover it all. you can camp anywhere up there. Spectacular views from the Rim. Petroglyphs all over in the rim rock. Mule Lake is one of my favorite places on the rim. A bit of an adventure getting up there, but well worth it! Also good hunting along rabbit creek right below the rim rock.

Beautiful! I only have a handful of points found in central Texas made
from Obsidian, I guess the material was brought here for trade?

exas made from Obsidian