Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TEMPLE TEXAS TREASURES

. . . . . . .L

photo DSCF8666_zps6c9436db.jpg

. . . R

photo DSCF8665_zpsfbc6ce7c.jpg

James brought his own show

photo DSCF8667_zpsb3e9d232.jpg

That must have hurt

photo DSCF8658_zps4b6ad2ac.jpg

Mark Adams' huge display. The bird point frame that he posted here last week was there.

photo DSCF8659_zps3e7b6eda.jpg

Finally a face to go with the name....RGS & his Dad took in the show. Ron gave me one of his hand made arrows.

photo DSCF8662_zpsf48ce80a.jpg

The entire TJ family was taking care of business.

photo DSCF8663_zpsbbd9983f.jpg

With all those beautiful finds, TJ pointed out his most recent favorite find..
that G12 LAGUNA, top middle.
Old timers dont take kindly to change .. TJ prefers to call it a " Bat wing Bell"

photo DSCF8664_zps3a567c13.jpg

Re: TEMPLE TEXAS TREASURES

The long time digging buddy of Mark Adams also showed his extensive personal finds.

All of these are from the fabled McFadden beach

It must have been a happy drive home with that white Clovis !...and how about that one in the Bottom R....is that a terrific channel on a Folsom ?

photo DSCF8655_zps102c186d.jpg

Little things can mean a lot..
Most collectors try to use a backround in their frames that give a maximum contrast to the points.
This collector used a very light tan almost the same color as some flint. A very tasteful effect ( to go with the Burled wood frame!

photo DSCF8657_zps4dfb10ce.jpg

That must have been a really good show from the amounts of flint you posted. One day we're going to have to make it there. Good to see Ron made it, met him in Houston a while back, real nice guy. He gave me one of those arrows also, I have it posted above my frames.

Tehuacana
Good to see Ron made it,

BUT , , , ,no of Mike W !..Maybe he was wearing a coat & tie and I walked right by him !

I hadn't heard from him in years. He just dropped off the face of the midden. No emails either.