Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HOT NOVA IN THE STARR GALAXY

Nice find in the cool ( 84* ) of the morning

photo DSCF8935_zps40b4709e.jpg

photo DSCF8934_zps4064cb9c.jpg

Perd

photo DSCF8936_zps71bbb369.jpg

What with the warm spell in full force I though I would be alone but these Folks from Amarillo were on their first visit to the Starr Ranch, warm or not

photo DSCF8937_zps856e3011.jpg

Amarillo Michell spots a worked piece of flint sticking out from under a rock

photo DSCF8939_zps7f0eb597.jpg

photo DSCF8940_zps6b32274a.jpg

Even with a damaged tip...it's a really big Perd

photo DSCF8942_zps0e9925cf.jpg

My eyes were in the Perd mode so I was very surprised when this Scallorn appeared from the roots

photo DSCF8943_zps07720722.jpg

photo DSCF8944_zps063a3ab4.jpg

No cattle came visiting the diggers at the top O th hill...They were hanging out in the shade of the spring midden... Notice the one root tree is still standing ( and still has a reasonable leaf display ).

Some diggers still working here, screen table in the middle for use of anyone interested.

Special note...The Lake appears to be even lower than at the worst of the big drought 2 years ago...oppurtunity calling

photo DSCF8945_zps0cbc7ed4.jpg

14 worked pieces was good for 1/2 day. Display rock is in the spring water that is still running

photo DSCF8946_zps640ec7e5.jpg

This prime rib came over for a closer look at the bird point

photo DSCF8949_zps8631598c.jpg

The cool of the morning Perd turned out to have a beautiful mottled sun bleached ) color

photo DSCF8948_zps8d9f3cbf.jpg

Thank goodness for Shallow diggers

Re: HOT NOVA IN THE STARR GALAXY

All in all, not a bad day for a cool morning. That's one nice looking patina'd Perd there.