Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Colorado Rocky Mtn Help!

If nobody here can help you, I'd try placing some ads on Craig's list up in those areas.

I thought picking up any type of relic/rock in Colorado is totalty and completely illegal... But its never stopped me... Certain areas are patrolled from a high in spotter planes....been there done that...GOOD LUCK...best luck would be to get lost in a Reserve and find aa camp if its good enough for you to camp on it was definitely suitable for the natives..water,material's and game...=points

I have hunted and lived in the San Luis valley of Colorado for years. In the last 15 years if someone from the government catch's you hunting arrowheads on state or Fed ground you will have big problems. They have all the state lands posted with signs. Your not allowed to pick up one arrowhead. You can be a few miles from the road and you will see the signs. You can dig or hunt on private lands and your ok. The problem is their are not any places left to hunt. The government has bought up some of the big ranch's and locked the gates. You know the government employees have personal access to the ranch. This was a old land grant had some of the best arrowhead hunting around but was private back then. I have a large collection and I will bury it before I ever leave to a government museum like a lot of people do. They will not get any information from me if I make a discovery on private land. It is not worth taking the risk to hunt on public lands. You never know who is watching. I knew someone who was walking down a sandy road and got stopped and accused of hunting arrow heads. Best advice don't have anything on you if you get stopped.

All elementary, Colorado is under water now.

Thanks for all the responses.... we're off to southern Colorado for an arrowhead hunt; We found a private ranch which welcomed us...for $$ of course. Had dinner reservations next week at the Inn of Glen Haven, just outside of Estes Park. We don't believe it is still there. Our cabin just west of Estes Park is gone...hope everyone is safe!

This mornings' WX channel expert calls the Colorado washout a " once in 1,001 years event "... Estimating 1 Billion $ damages. What Indians were living in Colorado 1,001 yrs ago

photo DSCF9107_zpsc6424845.jpg

Just curious . How'd you go about finding somebody to offer property?

Searched intensively on Google for "Colorado" and "arrowhead hunting". Eventually found a location for surface hunting. (Private Ranch which leased out camping spaces) They had large areas for isolated arrowhead hunting but was covered with lots of rocks. Made it difficult. Did not find any "digs".