Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NEW DIG SITE - Digging Texas! Next to Wilson Co SandPits

Hello Fellow Diggers!

Digging Texas! has opened up a NEW Dig Site next to the famous Wilson County Sand pits ( a few hundred yards down the hill on the creek).

We dug there from 2004-2007 and found thousands of artifacts. 28 corner tangs (24 whole).

When we left that site we had run upon a fence line and the site kept going. I tried to lease it back then but they would not let me have it. Now there has been a divorce and I have it leased all these years later!

This camp is mostly bird points but lots of birdies and even more important there is a Cuney camp on there. Talking with Dwain Rogers he said he has never heard of a camp of Cuney's.

There is lots of Chalcedony there which makes the most awesome points!

We have only gotten one corner off of tang knife so far but you never know. Lots of rare stuff like Conch beads, Mother of Pearl Ornaments, bone awls, stones with grooves in them AND Lots of beautiful Perdiz and Cuney points!

Check out the photos at: www.diggingtexas.com The website tells you the price and how to join our digging association. Sorry, that's how we have done it for nearly 20 years now.

To sign up for digs is usually 8 PM on Thursday nights. Because I just posted this on Thursday afternoon I will extend that to Friday at lunch, after that I will be gone to get the backhoe and to the site.

Enjoy the photos! Hope to see some of you at Sutherland Springs Texas on the Cibolo Creek!

We dig most weekends but NEVER on Holidays so Labor Day is out!

Also, catch us on Facebook! Do a search for Digging Texas and LIKE the page to get the updates!

Bob McWilliams
Digging Texas Since 2004

Re: NEW DIG SITE - Digging Texas! Next to Wilson Co SandPits

Why HELLO there Bob

Glad to hear that there are some new areas STILL around to do some digging..

MAYBE when the weather gets a bit better and I slow down at work I
might get a chance to come out and see you good folks again !

In the meantime, keep the updates coming and please post some
of your finds from the new place!

See you soon and thanks for the update! I haven't had the time to even work on the website here in a while,. But I do have a list for the front page I will get to soon.

Seen me one for the front and I will help with sending more folks to you

See you and hug Ms. Bob for me !

-Michelle

Re: NEW DIG SITE - Digging Texas! Next to Wilson Co SandPits

Why HELLO there Bob

Glad to hear that there are some new areas STILL around to do some digging..

MAYBE when the weather gets a bit better and I slow down at work I
might get a chance to come out and see you good folks again !

In the meantime, keep the updates coming and please post some
of your finds from the new place!

See you soon and thanks for the update! I haven't had the time to even work on the website here in a while,. But I do have a list for the front page I will get to soon.

Seen me one for the front and I will help with sending more folks to you

See you and hug Ms. Bob for me !

-Michelle