Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Last weekend finds

What little I know about point identification, I know less about material id and this material has some banding. I'm thinking this is the second point that has been found here with the banding in the material, and it seems to be out of it range for its point type? Just coincidence? Any thoughts?

photo 101_4629640x480_zpsb1d89ea8.jpg

100% Bandy on the first one!

I also like Bandy for the first. The second reminds me of a Caracara but not quite. Hummmm

I would have to say Bandy as well. Maybe a trade item?

Bandy for sure. Hard to find point type for sure. Nice haul.

OK, put it in the Bandy bucket. Along with the Scottsbluff thats more evidence of very old occupation..

No help on flint source from me. I have speculated on how a single "unusual" piece of flint may have got there... Trade is the obvious but I always liked the possibility that someone found an Unusual point while at the far end of a hunting trip and brought it home. Ancient people were collectors too.

Alright, Bandy it is! Thanks for the help!