Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking to get into digging or hunting for points,tools,etc.

Also,I dont want to travel more than two hours one way. I live in Schertz. We were thinking of going to Junction or Mason.

Texas has got it....You just have to find it !

From some of the earliest mammal fossils about 300 million yrs old ( Archer county ) to colonial artifacts 100 yrs old (everywhere )
Actual " digging " might be the end result of lots of investigating legal areas of interest and quite a bit of seeing what others are doing.
Use that search block above R,,,there's years worth of info in there..use key words like SURFACING, FOSSILS, DIG TOOLS. . . .> ETC
once finding an interesting subject, be sure to click "VIEW ENTIRE THREAD "

Scherz is in a good area but obviously well built up...as your good luck would have it....Cibolo creek area, specifically the Wilson county sand pits have been heavy on Indian artifacts. Bob McWilliams is screen digging there right now, see his website, info on front page.

Digfest is only 3 weeks away ( and just within 2 hrs )

Welcome! As Hal mentioned your standing on em. I recommend diff fear and meet as many peoe as possible there are some real great characters there. I would digg close to Hal he's a wealth of knowledge and a kind person as well. A fair warning thought when you find your first the search never ends for your next one.

Welcome! As Hal mentioned your standing on em. I recommend diff fear and meet as many peoe as possible there are some real great characters there. I would digg close to Hal he's a wealth of knowledge and a kind person as well. A fair warning thought when you find your first the search never ends for your next one.