Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Altithermal

Since moving up here to Montana, I've read quite a bit on the effects of the Altithermal period and how it caused the extinction of two of the three types of buffalo, ended the Paleo style points and was the start of the notched points, and changed hunting methods of the northern plains people. Even with the library of Tx based artifact and prehistory books that I've amassed over the years of living in So.Tx, few mention how it affected/changed Tx., flora, fauna, or people living during that time period, (8,500 - 5,000 BP). The Alithermal period was global.
Just curious if anyone has found any info on that period's affect on Texas.
The evidence shows here in among other things, arch. digs in buffalo jumps.

Re: Altithermal

Alti WHO ?

Never heard of it...
So I did some Google searching.....
WOW, what a global event..must have been a shock to people worldwide, Mongolian deserts turned to lush forests !

As to Texas, , , , One report indicates that the effect had little or NO effect on the low and middle latitudes..perhaps Tx escaped the full force of the condition, at least not enough to make a change in the cycle of artifacts time lines.