Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A quick trip home

Well I was home in central texas for the last couple days. Unfortunately it was to bury my grandmother who has been sick for some time. She was a smart beautiful woman who will be missed dearly by our family. On a brighter note I picked up a few points from my oldest friend flotowndigger. The first set are old personal finds I had sold to him and the second set were all found by another friend who dug with us years ago. It was nice to get them back in my collection.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Second set

Re: A quick trip home

You must have been really desperate in your youth to sell those beautiful points ( especially with the personal find factor ) !

That smallest one with the great Oily look to the flint just looks old....What are you calling it ?

We presume your back in the NW....too bad, if you were here now in Centex you would be enjoying that great NW winter WX right here

Re: A quick trip home

Hal, the weather was pretty bad most of the time I was there. It was colder and wetter than portland pretty much every day. The smaller paleo point could be a couple different types I guess. I call it an angostura but it could be something else. The base is completely ground up and I think the material is a very high quality PW. It got used up till the end that's for sure. Your right about me selling my points when I was younger. In just thankful I only sold to my good friends 99% of the time and have a chance to get em back. I think I have basically everything back I ever sold