Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
First timer at 52

Guys I'm turning 53 and I just went through a divorce and need to learn how to spend quality time with myself and maybe some new friends. I've always thought it would be cool to look for arrowheads. Would any of you be able to point me toward any good spots and/or give me any tips? I live in Georgetown/round rock/austin area but I will drive if there are places outside just outside this area if it means the hunting would be So much better.I've been told after a rain is best but I shure could use a few "pointers" LOLOL I would love an maps or diagrams....anything really Can YOU help me? Thanks soooo much TIM My email------> Tim_e_63@hotmail.com Phone is 512-299-5438

Re: First timer at 52

Hey first timer. There is no real secret to finding arrowheads. Here in E. Tx. I look in creeks, s****lines of lakes, and plowed fields, always get permission from land owners, and be careful on federal lands, i.e. Corp Property,and State Parks. Look back at old posts on this site, there are several pay dig sites to give it a try. Good luck.

Re: First timer at 52

GEORGETOWN ! ...
Thats practically the bulls eye of central Tx for the ancient peoples...in the search block above, type in NIGHT DIG. ( be sure to hit VIEW ENTIRE THREAD. ) The San Gabriel river was a major freeway.
Way farther south, running right through Round Rock is Brushy Creek....another very active area for the ancients.
You will certainly meet other creek surface hunters in the drainages after every rain / washout.
Even farther south is Walnut creek...Not only arrowhead possibilities but rich in fossils.. See front page bottom " OTHER FINDS"

All of Texas sits on fossils..Front page again, see SHARK TEETH TRIPS.
There's a fossil club in Austin that meets once a month then does field trips once a month. Palentoglogical Society of Austin.