Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
6 3/8" Screamer Sedalia

I went out the other night with the headlamp and found the smaller 4 3/8" inch point first. About 20 minutes later, out popped this 6 3/8" monster with just killer flaking and thinness. Too bad about the damage. It's the second longest point from the site--the longest is 7 1/4". I'd bet the same maker made them. If you look at the base, both have the tiny little flares at the end.

This area of the field has less total artifacts, but the quality and size has been better. I've found 8 or 9 really nicely made Sedalias and Sedalia Diggers that were broken that would've been really nice and long.

May you next hunt be your best hunt EVER!!!!

%%bbCodeItem_1%%
%%bbCodeItem_2%%
%%bbCodeItem_3%%
%%bbCodeItem_4%%
%%bbCodeItem_5%%
%%bbCodeItem_6%%
%%bbCodeItem_7%%
%%bbCodeItem_8%%
%%bbCodeItem_9%%

Re: 6 3/8" Screamer Sedalia

WOW , , , , , , Those are great finds, and all so thin! Real craftsmanship.
I looked up the Sedalia in the Overstreets' book from your area...they were really into big blades. !
And a Sedalia drill !!! did the original owner make that out of a blade that the point had snapped off ? Or worked it down from a 7 inch blade ?

Tks for the show

Can you give us a Map to this place. LOL Looks like you have a great spot. Why do you go at night?

After the kiddos go to bed!