Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Has anyone gone to the free night dig in williamson co?

East or west of 35?? I know its no guud anymore but atleast canni get a general idea of the new community development. ?.PLZZZ

Jeff said..." Get some pictures up as soon as you can so interested diggers can see whats going on. "

It's facinating seeing all those 'head' lights moving around while they are digging.

Photobucket

Actual close ups of life in the trenches .

Photobucket

Photobucket

I unearthed a real show stopper and a fitting memento of my first night dig at the " nite site "
Still insitu ( right in the middle )

Photobucket

By midnight there was less lights as some fire flies headed for the electric blanket..

Photobucket

The car parking was worth a pic, looked like Digfest ( just without the rain )

Photobucket

Special bonus....Georgetown still their knockout Christmas lights up..

Photobucket

David found this outragious Perd, excessively long base, long & narrow with "nubs" for barbs...Anybody seen one before ?

Photobucket

Pat found a rare half a Perd early on..

Photobucket

Jeff #2's CT base...( wish I had found it, it would be a G11 this morning ).

Photobucket

Finds by persons unknown ( too dark to see name tags )

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at this great diggers hand, complete with finger patch.. Complete point is a Nolan

Photobucket

Now to my souvenir of the night..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now that is a cool point. Do you call it a batwing perd? I guess digging at night is better..

Idahoe
Do you call it a batwing perd? I guess digging at night is better..

Right or wrong the common usage for this point is a "COMMANCHE" Perd..
Pat made an interesting observation about it, IF the base was not notched it would be a true LANGTRY...
( "COMMANCHE LANGTRY " ?? )

The type is not set in stone, there are wide variations of Commache's that DONT look Langtry.. Look back up in the post at the Perd in Pat's hand...that looks Commanche like just because the base is long and narrow.
Really exotic Commanche varients the 'wings' are swept out really radically...( to keep the dart from penetrating into the prey's hide and hurting him )

" night digging is better "....than what ???
You must mean no digging at all, certainly not better than daylight. The site is to become the new home of a square mile of billion dollar condominiums. It's
night or nuthin...

CORRECTION...

I just spoke to someone that knows more about these things ( Badger )....There IS a documented BATWING PERD...Commanche has always just been a cute handle the boys in the trenches used...

Now I gotta use both terms so all will understand

Had you found it during the day it would certainly be a Commanche. However, it was found at night, thus a batwing. There is a distinction as noted in OVST page 1894.

E of 35....Pretty much Dead center in the middle of Georgetown...The digging stopped when they were just getting ready to pour the slabs over it for the new 1000 unit apartment complex. !