Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1/20 CLEAR & HOT IN CENTEX

Beautiful weather day to be outdoors.

photo DSCF9448_zps3aa7b0e7.jpg

Finding artifacts is a bonus

photo DSCF9445_zpsed7bb6ce.jpg

photo DSCF9443_zps4774e72c.jpg

photo DSCF9444_zps35dbaa08.jpg

A Fresno point was a surprise

photo DSCF9446_zpse9d978fe.jpg

photo DSCF9447_zps7538fafa.jpg

The spring looks to be running at its "usual" rate but lake Starr is getting pretty low.

photo DSCF9449_zpsd19c751c.jpg

Re: 1/20 CLEAR & HOT IN CENTEX

Nice Hal. Looks like a great spot. And nice Fresno. And running water to clean up after during the hot summer dig days...

Great pictures Hal, reminds me of home. I would guess Williams on that nice point, what are you calling it.

Morhiss or Morrill. My two cents.

That's what I would have called them at first till I looked up the ranges of Morhiss and Morrill's,I don't know Idaho, both those are out of the range of 3C. I don't have a clue to what they are though. I thought at first Lange, but that's also not in the range.

There was quite a lot of dirt on the finds making a number of subtle interpretations not easily seen..

For those interested here's a pic of the washed pieces..

Now it can be seen that the big point is not just a "square baser "...the slight flare of a Williams base can now be seen.. PLUS, The Williams people were well proven to be camped there..

photo DSCF9458_zpsb1c95c45.jpg

Nother feature,,,the big broken tip turned out to be tip AND a complete barb...I traced the piece..

photo DSCF9454_zps39e9afba.jpg

Then flipped to over to get a look at the mirror side...added a generic square base...

This was a real & killer

photo DSCF9456_zps6f54e6cd.jpg

Homesick reveries for Te, thats a perfect gouge ( CF )..upper L...Dead flat on the bottom, curved working edge.

Trav, clean reliable running water is a plus for modern man just as it was for the ancients in that area. Have to use some imagination though..that lake was not there before the Corp of Engineers came along.

That's dang sure a CF. Those things really had a wide range. Showed at least that there was wood working in your area too.

Hal you still digging top o' the hill or have you found a new honey hole out there?

OKIE
Hal you still digging top o' the hill or have you found a new honey hole out there?

On the walk from the vehicle parking area I lingered for a few minutes at that bottom land "spring midden "..

Scientifically I guess it could be called a "honey Hole", about 18 inches square >>>

It's not there anymore