Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Red faceted bead and a heartbreaker

It very well could be a fishing bead. I have been doing research and found similar trade beads existed. It's different that any of the beads I've used for Texas or Carolina rigs when bass fishing, but could easily be an older version not used much anymore. If I had not found it at an old trade post I would certainly have discarded it. I'm pretty iffy about it one way or the other and will probably never be able to for sure say if it's (old).

Just my 2 cents, but the beads used on fishing rigs and spinner baits are plastic ...... That sure does not look plastic to me. I think your first thought on the id is correct ...... Plus look at all the other trade beads found nearby...........but that's just my thoughts by lookin at the pics.

Thanks dusty. There are actually glass beads used in fishing as well, I learned that during my research. All of the faceted fishing beads that I could find we're roundish and very uniform. Mine is pentagonal and has a few chips and imperfections. I appreciate the 2 cents and will keep everyone updated if I miraculously get a positive ID.

Love the heart breaker! Those amber colored agates are one of my favorites. You are right about the glass beads. My father collects antique fishing tackle. He has beads from the turn of the century thru the early 1940s. Most of them are made of glass. I'm going to look thru them and see if I can find something similar to compare yours with.