SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Speculation about IM3

Another article and interview with Shane Black that went unnoticed, posted by fAnDeB, talks about how the Avengers won't be much of a factor in IM3.

"He told the comic con audience he wants director Jon Favreau to return as Happy Hogan and added that, beyond a few references, Iron Man 3 will not involve the Avengers and will focus squarely on Tony Stark.

'We really want to make it Tony's movie,' said Black. The director also confirmed that Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle would return as Pepper Potts and Rhodey/War Machine, respectively, and that Stan Lee would have his traditional cameo."

Country Chicago, IL, USA

Age (opt) 20

Sarah
Another article and interview with Shane Black that went unnoticed, posted by fAnDeB, talks about how the Avengers won't be much of a factor in IM3.

"He told the comic con audience he wants director Jon Favreau to return as Happy Hogan and added that, beyond a few references, Iron Man 3 will not involve the Avengers and will focus squarely on Tony Stark.

'We really want to make it Tony's movie,' said Black. The director also confirmed that Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle would return as Pepper Potts and Rhodey/War Machine, respectively, and that Stan Lee would have his traditional cameo."

Thanks for all the quotes Sarah. It seems like a lot of the movie is gonna be about Tony. I'm so excited!! This is gonna be such a treat.

Country USA

Age (opt) 14

Your welcome, Rachel! The whole interview with Shane is a great read, really makes me feel like he knows his s**t and shares that common ideal of how a good comic book story should be made to translate into a well-done motion picture.

No offense to the rest of the Marvel universe, but Thor and Captain America, to me, were the epitome of how super hero flicks are all explosions and no plot. I love Iron Man because, like Robert has said several times, it doesn't suck. It's more focused on the evolution of the main character as well as pertinent details that make movies worthwhile, ie. dialogue! Cheesy and unrealistic dialogue is the first step to a hack film. I imagine Iron Man could have gone that route as well if RDJ didn't ball up the script and throw it against the wall as he so notoriously pointed out through all his interviews.

Unfortunately, due to the stranglehold Marvel had on Jon to make IM2 be a prequel to the Avengers, IM2 sort of fell flat, but I'm hoping, with the Avengers out of the way and the seemingly free-wheel Shane has been given, the gang will get back to making a great movie focused on Tony Stark, and so far Shane's comments make it sound that way :)

Country Chicago, IL, USA

Age (opt) 20