SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Important Announcement from the Owners of DUF

GinaB(admin/moderator)
Christine
Hello, everyone!
I agree with the majority: there shouldn't be so much argumentative and negative posts! The magic of this site for me has always been that everybody is so kind to each other and so respectful to Robert, besides, of course the tons and tons of information on his work. This topic about AGOS had been interesting at first, but after a while it became tiresome and made me really uncomfortable to read so many negative opinions, repeated SO MANY TIMES! Honestly, we are here to celebrate RDJ's work, not to hate it! If you didn't like it, say so, but don't bore us with it again and again! Don't ruin the joy of the others! It's sad that some people feel that they should leave, DrSues and Gina just want peace on their site, I think.

Christine, PERFECT! I couldn't have said it better or more eloquently. If anyone wants to know how I felt about all this drama here on DUF, then there it is in a nutshell. I could have elaborated MANY times but chose to let it ride in hopes it wouldnt require me to speak up. It's all we want is for this site to continue on as it always has, with respect full circle for Robert and all of you who join us here on our Forum. Thank you Christine, you totally made my day turn from sadness to pure joy... Xoxo

Thank you, Gina for the compliment! You know, it made my day, too, because I've never been confident enough about my English. And you are welcome!

Country Hungary

Age (opt) 35

Hi all. I have enjoyed visiting this site over several years but never posted here as I work in the industry. I stopped visiting a week or so ago when this rivalry got to be so acute. I have enjoyed reading many discussions here in the past, and what I like is the site is open-minded and open-hearted and a celebration of Robert Downey Jr's life and work. My impression is that if we see one of his films and feel disappointed for whatever reason, it's OK to say so and say why, but not to force other people to our point of view. Personally I trust Robert's judgment as to what projects serve him best and I look forward to them all. I want to commend the moderators for handling this touchy situation so well.

Country US

RmcN
Hi all. I have enjoyed visiting this site over several years but never posted here as I work in the industry. I stopped visiting a week or so ago when this rivalry got to be so acute. I have enjoyed reading many discussions here in the past, and what I like is the site is open-minded and open-hearted and a celebration of Robert Downey Jr's life and work. My impression is that if we see one of his films and feel disappointed for whatever reason, it's OK to say so and say why, but not to force other people to our point of view. Personally I trust Robert's judgment as to what projects serve him best and I look forward to them all. I want to commend the moderators for handling this touchy situation so well.

This is my first post here also... I have enjoyed this incredible site for some time.
RmcN, I guess some good came out of all this rivalry in that it has sparked a desire in us both to come forward and be heard As someone who has enjoyed watch Robert's work year after year, I agree in trusting his judgment in which roles suit him best. And if for some reason I were to go see a film I didn't particularly care for (has never happened) .. I at least got to enjoy seeing one of my favorite actors at work.
Thanks for letting me give my 2 cents
And Thanks to the two wonderful mods.. You have done an outstanding job with trying to keep peace. I know it's not always easy.

Country Southern Girl..USA

Age (opt) plus 1

I have to agree with Christine. She said it perfectly!

The first two times I posted here I got very discouraging responses. Especially being told several times why AGOS was no good and even having one person say it was a bad movie (stated more as fact than his opinion) and a failure at the box office which turned out not to be true at all.

I was really surprised because it was not what I expected at all and although I respect different opinions I felt it was just constantly repeated when it had already been said and discussed.

I am glad I continued to post though because the majority of posters are amazing, even if we disagree ;)

Country Canada

Age (opt) 13

I doubt the site owners enjoyed taking this decision. They didn't stop the discussions till some people started to get nasty.
It's just a matter of mutual respect, I think. If I start a thread and nobody answers, then that's a sign that no one is interested. I'm not gonna go and butt into other threads and tell others they're wrong simply because they don't think like me. I certainly wouldn't use insults to make my point.

Country Guatemala

Age (opt) 51

Hi,
I new to this fan site.But I have been always a very Big Fan of Robert Downey Jr. and I just love his work very very much,he is a Fantastic actor,no matter what movie he does..i always watch his movie just to see him...if the movie is bad an all...but his acting is always the best.
I could also make some list of his movies which was not up to the mark...but i will never ever,even in my dreams can utter any bad words against him.

And this is a very good fan site that i came across of Robert Downey Jr. and from now on i will be a regular viewer of this site.Keep up the good work guyz.
Thanking You
Best Wishes
Nina

Country India

Age (opt) 30

Elena
I'd never say any word against HIM, Nina. It's fantazies of admins. They made me a only target for their activity here. God knows why.

I think admins have things to do other than MAKE YOU THE ONLY TARGET FOR THEIR ACTIVITY HERE.
Oh c'mon, please!!!
And if you feel this way, i don't get why you still hang around here. Internet is a big world.

Country Italy

Age (opt) 37

Nina
Hi,
I new to this fan site.But I have been always a very Big Fan of Robert Downey Jr. and I just love his work very very much,he is a Fantastic actor,no matter what movie he does..i always watch his movie just to see him...if the movie is bad an all...but his acting is always the best.
I could also make some list of his movies which was not up to the mark...but i will never ever,even in my dreams can utter any bad words against him.

And this is a very good fan site that i came across of Robert Downey Jr. and from now on i will be a regular viewer of this site.Keep up the good work guyz.
Thanking You
Best Wishes
Nina

Welcome to DUF Nina, My apologies for the KOOK who responded to your very innocent and sweet post. We have been working on cleaning house but unfortunately we still have some dirt that keeps reappearing. Please feel free to continue commenting on any thread that interest you. We are happy you are here with us.

Country USA Marina Del Rey/Hollywood

Age (opt) Roberts