SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Finding your roots

Aww I want to see it but that show isn't aired here =(

Country Mexico

Age (opt) 23

Hey
thanks for reminding again.Cant wait to see him on this show.Crossed the date on my calender,
Hope that he comes first on this show

Country India

Age (opt) 30

I think I saw a PBS preview last week that showed Harry Connick Jr. as the first subject. The "Roots" PBS website only lists projected air dates, not who will appear on each show. That said, I seem to recall that unlike the "Who Do You Think You Are?" show which follows one person's search, "Roots" traces multiple stories simultaneously; so Robert could appear on several programs rather than a single episode. Definitely catch the first show to see how it unfolds. Sunday evening, March 25 is the listed start date.

Country USA

For those who can't see the program, there's a good chance the segment might find its way to YouTube.

Country USA

I really hope so Judy! =D

Country Mexico

Age (opt) 23

There is an episode of "Who Do You Think You Are" (says it is new) on tonight (Fri) with Marisa Tomei. Loved the show last season. I wonder if they have just changed the name or if this is a totally new show. It will be interesting anyway. Robert's ancestry will be most interesting I'm sure.
I would love to have mine done....from what I have found I have a few interesting characters in my past. I think we all do!!

Country Walnut Creek, Calif USA

They're two different programs - "Who Do You Think You Are" follows one celebrity conducting their own genealogy research. On PBS's "Finding Your Roots" Professor Henry Louis Gates does the research, and meets with the celebrities' periodically to share his findings. (This is why Robert signed up - he said he couldn't imagine finding time to do it himself, with a new baby.)

Country USA

I love these type of shows, but can't seem to find it on my local xfinity listings. I love Harry Connick too, so I will be sure to watch him as well.