SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Title For "The Avengers" in UK

I don't understand why they felt the need to change the title in UK...?

Country France

Age (opt) 20

Re: New Title For "The Avengers" in UK

The first thing that sprang to my mind was the TV series "the Avengers" back in the '60s.

It could be the movie's title would infringe on a copyright of the TV series title. Or.....the studio doesn't want people to think they're going to see a movie about John Steed and Emma Peel fighting space invaders!

Anyway, they chose a good new title for it.

Country USA

Oh...bizarre. Yes, maybe to avoid confusion with the TV show 'The Avengers', though given that was made in the 1960s, I'm thinking their core demographic for this movie will be just a tad different..... Alas funny englishmen with bowler hats and sword sticks probably don't feature in this film ;) Curious decision all the same!

Country UK

Age (opt) 25

This is all very interesting! But no one has said....What is the new title of the movie in the UK????

Country USA

Age (opt) a few years older than Robert

DrSues (Administrator)
This is all very interesting! But no one has said....What is the new title of the movie in the UK????

It's "Avengers Assemble." It's there in the "website" link under the original post.

Country South Carolina, USA

Age (opt) 35

I honestly hate the UK title but I can understand why they had to change it. Im still gonna call it The Avengers

Age (opt) 21