SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Avengers Trailer here

JudyG
In "The Hulk" Tony Stark says he's putting together a group. I assumed he meant the Avenger group. In this trailer he talks about not qualifying. Did I miss a chapter somewhere?

Yes! i kinda wondered that tooo
but then i read in one of RDJ's interview about Avengers
were it seems they have found this loop hole
in this interview HE personally said so Himself:

"I’m still trying to, without moving backwards, remember the character that [Iron Man and Iron Man 2 director] Jon Favreau and I created, and be true to that,” Downey tells EW.

It’s also important to be true to the original Marvel Comics history, but Downey acknowledges that they’ve had to streamline their vision over the years as the possibility of this movie loomed.

“Avengers has always been this kind of hovering [thing]. Is it really possible? I just think that it was an incredibly ambitious notion, and looking back at Marvel and their fledgling years, they always had a vision of this … although not entirely accurately.”

Downey laughs: “In one teaser I say, ‘I’m putting a team together,’ and in the other one I’m like, ‘What do you mean I can’t join the team?’ But aside from that, it kind of really tracks through.”

Country India

Age (opt) 30

Thanks. I had read this interview, too, and am still curious as to how they will smooth that over. Eager to see the movie in May.

Country USA

Re: New Avengers Trailer here@JudyG

JudyG
In "The Hulk" Tony Stark says he's putting together a group. I assumed he meant the Avenger group. In this trailer he talks about not qualifying. Did I miss a chapter somewhere?

Does this make sense?

The Hulk movie preceeds Iron Man 2 in the timeline.
At the end of it, Tony tells Dr. Banner he's helping to put together a team.

At the end of Iron Man 2 Nick Fury tells Tony that Natasha's psych evaluation of him (obsessive behavior, textbook narcissim, etc.) disqualifies him from joining the team.

So, Tony helped put together the team, but Natasha's report disqualified him from becoming a member of it.

Country USA

Re: New Avengers Trailer here@JRita

That's an excellent analysis. I'm probably over-thinking the whole thing anyway. I seem to recall Tony telling General Ross about putting together the group. Not Dr. Banner. Anyway, all will be made clear in May.

Country USA

Re: New Avengers Trailer here@JRita@JudyG

JudyG
That's an excellent analysis. I'm probably over-thinking the whole thing anyway. I seem to recall Tony telling General Ross about putting together the group. Not Dr. Banner. Anyway, all will be made clear in May.

You're right, it was General Ross! A memory glitch on my part.

Country USA

You're very kind to clarify this detail for me.

Country USA

why nobody want to answer me?

Country FRANCE

Age (opt) 26

Re: New Avengers Trailer here@elodie

I think you might find your answer here:

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/60327-no-romance-for-the-avengers

Country USA

I apologize, elodie. I didn't mean to distract from your original question.

Country USA

thank girls!

Country FRANCE

Age (opt) 26

Sorry, ladies. I just saw the trailer. I don't judge a movie by its trailer but what I saw was enough for me to form an opinion about it. This Michael Bay type movie is not for me. There is nothing to look forward to this year. I just found that some RDJ fans didn't like the Sherlock Holmes sequel. I'll be honest with you. It was also a disappointment for me. In the original, he is recognisably Holmes, but he is way off in A Game of Shadows. In the sequel, he is more like James Bond in Victorian clothes than Sherlock Holmes. I read comments about his movie choices. I agree he is wasting his talent. This post will probably be deleted but I don't care. I read the moderator's DUF announcement. Why should I 'celebrate' his work? As a poster said, the new moderators made it a 'crime' to dislike one of his movies or his franchises. On this board, you must only post positive comments about his work. You must have the same opinions as the other posters. If you criticise his recent work you will be treated like a pariah and be excluded from this community. So much for ' Everybody is entitled to their opinion'. This board is only for like-minded RDJ fans. It is not a forum where people can express different views and debate no matter how devoted they are to the actor. I am very disappointed with this lack of tolerance. I was going to come back here but this attitude put me off.
You are going to say it is not my board and I have no say in how it should be run. Yes, you have a point. You pay for it and, of course, how you will run it is up to you. My point is your announcement doesn't sound nice or welcoming. I can see why some people have left since you took over.

I think the objection was not to the content of the posts so much as it was to the belligerent tone.

Country USA

JudyG
I think the objection was not to the content of the posts so much as it was to the belligerent tone.

Thank you, Judy! Quite right! That and the fact that the critics opinion was stated repeatedly over and over and over again. That was what really bothered me!

Country Arizona - USA

Age (opt) a few more than Robert

DrSues (Administrator)
JudyG

Thank you, Judy! Quite right! That and the fact that the critics opinion was stated repeatedly over and over and over again. That was what really bothered me!

Same here! Tiring... or in Roberts words: BORING

Country Switzerland

Age (opt) 41

Valerie
Sorry, ladies. I just saw the trailer. I don't judge a movie by its trailer but what I saw was enough for me to form an opinion about it. This Michael Bay type movie is not for me. There is nothing to look forward to this year. I just found that some RDJ fans didn't like the Sherlock Holmes sequel. I'll be honest with you. It was also a disappointment for me. In the original, he is recognisably Holmes, but he is way off in A Game of Shadows. In the sequel, he is more like James Bond in Victorian clothes than Sherlock Holmes. I read comments about his movie choices. I agree he is wasting his talent. This post will probably be deleted but I don't care. I read the moderator's DUF announcement. Why should I 'celebrate' his work? As a poster said, the new moderators made it a 'crime' to dislike one of his movies or his franchises. On this board, you must only post positive comments about his work. You must have the same opinions as the other posters. If you criticise his recent work you will be treated like a pariah and be excluded from this community. So much for ' Everybody is entitled to their opinion'. This board is only for like-minded RDJ fans. It is not a forum where people can express different views and debate no matter how devoted they are to the actor. I am very disappointed with this lack of tolerance. I was going to come back here but this attitude put me off.
You are going to say it is not my board and I have no say in how it should be run. Yes, you have a point. You pay for it and, of course, how you will run it is up to you. My point is your announcement doesn't sound nice or welcoming. I can see why some people have left since you took over.

Dearest Valerie,
IF that actually is your name! (Doubtful!)
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this board. As long as it is expressed respectfully. And ONCE! There is never a need to repeat one opinion over and over as if it is the only one that matters.
This current post is once again FULL of sentences that have been used before repeatedly. Can you not come up with any new and original thoughts?
Also, Gina and I feel it is nothing but a coward who would post a huge criticism and not include either an email address or where you are located. You are obviously ashamed for all to know who you really are.

THIS post will be the ONLY one that is directed at you from either Gina or myself. If you are belligerent in your response, those posts will be deleted.

Lastly – there are many, many places on the Internet to hang out. If you don’t like DUF……you know what to do!

Sorry, to all other members, that you have to go through this again!
DrSues & GinaB

Country Arizona - USA

Age (opt) a few more than Robert