SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ?

Since this topic came up....and it's been a LONG time since I posted this...I thought I would share it with the newer members of DUF.
There were a few of us DU members at RDJ's hand and footprint ceremony when he got honored at Grahman's.
Hope you enjoy my story!

My Robert Encounter
12-7-09
Grahman’s Chinese Theater
RDJ’s hand and footprint Ceremony

Please let me begin by telling you I have already met, and spoken with 4 famous celebrities in my life. Each time I had been able to stay calm and remind myself that these are just flesh & blood people like me, who just happen to be really attractive, and good at their jobs. I’ve always been able to have an intelligent, mature dialog with each of them.
Until Robert….
He came out, in the rain, with 2 good-sized men as body guards / umbrella handlers – who reminded people to lean their umbrellas back and NOT poke Robert in the eyes with the darn things! LOL!
As soon as he came out of the tent, he started at the far end of the line of fans, and I began to remind myself of all the possible things I wanted to say to him. “Congratulations! You so deserve this recognition!”
“You are such an amazing actor! I love your work!”
“You and Susan are such an adorable couple! Did I mention my name is Susan? LOL!”
Yep! I had all these things planned!

Then the weirdest thing happened!! He was ONE person away from greeting me, when a crazy woman threw herself into the front line right between me and the guy who had been shoulder to shoulder with me. She leaned across the railing in front of all of us and began grabbing at Robert, and shouting at him ‘how much she loved him, you’re wonderful, etc.’ She got two fistfuls of Robert’s suit and tie .And the whole time she is pawing at him, he was trying to step back, with his hands up to avoid touching her. His handlers kept saying things like, “Mam! Put your hands down. You can’t do this, Mam” But they actually sounded ‘polite’ about it! And she didn’t stop! She ****** me off, so I leaned down in her face and yelled – “TAKE YOUR GODDAMM HANDS OFF HIM!”
Then someone who was with her, pulled her backward and out of the way – I was so distracted by all this in that instant, I wasn’t facing forward, but watching her go backward! Both my hands were gripping the railing in front of me, and I felt a warm hand slide over my left hand and gently squeeze it. That brought my attention back and I looked up into Robert’s face.
*Now I could be completely wrong about this – but it felt (at that moment) like he was saying, “Thanks for sticking up for me!” Without saying a word.*
I melted. All coherent thought left my brain! Looking into his expressive face and those warm brown eyes, I turned into mush! I put out my right hand to shake his and he took it in both of his. The only words that came out of my mouth were…
“OH!....Sweetheart!”
DUH!!!! He probably thought I was just a milder version of the last wacko! Damm!
He smiled warmly at me and went to Lisa, who was standing next to me with her little girl. You would think I’d know what was said between them! But no! My mind was just gone! So she will have to post that!
All I can say is – if you get the chance to see him in person…take it!
DrSues

Country Arizona - USA

Age (opt) a few more than Robert

Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Meepzy - Mar 4, 2012 12:32pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ?@ DrSues - by Lisbeth - Mar 4, 2012 1:07pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ?@ DrSues - by JudyG - Mar 4, 2012 1:36pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ?@ DrSues - by Rita - Mar 4, 2012 1:36pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? @ DrSues - by Lauri D - Mar 4, 2012 4:10pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Rocky - Mar 4, 2012 8:03pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Nina - Mar 5, 2012 1:07am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by sguppi - Mar 5, 2012 9:23am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ?@DrSues - by joyce - Mar 5, 2012 12:57pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ?@DrSues - by JudyG - Mar 5, 2012 1:07pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Louise - Mar 5, 2012 2:44pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Christine - Mar 5, 2012 3:28pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by ariani - May 13, 2012 9:50am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Tara - Nov 22, 2012 7:47am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by wendy - Nov 22, 2012 8:02am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Tara - Nov 22, 2012 10:19am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by wendy - Nov 22, 2012 2:26pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Aikou - Nov 22, 2012 3:52pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by wendy - Nov 22, 2012 4:43pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Tara - Nov 23, 2012 11:30am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by wendy - Nov 23, 2012 2:34pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by RDJfan - Nov 24, 2012 1:03am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Tara - Nov 24, 2012 3:25am
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by wendy - Nov 24, 2012 3:26pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Tara - Nov 24, 2012 4:08pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by RDJfan - Nov 25, 2012 8:55pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by wendy - Nov 24, 2012 3:23pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by Chris - Dec 19, 2012 8:13pm
Re: Fan Mail and meeting RDJ? - by wendy - Dec 20, 2012 7:29pm
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com