SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: song Broken

i have ituned Falconers Brave Like me and im impressed. seems to sing the same jazzy/bluesy/fusion he sings. Side note: on my Ipod randomly and in alphabetical order are 3 songs in a row "Brave Like Me" by Deborah "Broken" by RDJ then "Buysexual" by Indio's band.

Country usa

Age (opt) 44

Re: song Broken

That's interesting you did that, too. I created a playlist on my iPod that includes Robert's album and both of Deborah's, which I shuffle so I can hear them back to back. I added Buysexual so I have the whole family on that playlist now. "Brave Like Me" is a marvelous CD.

Country USA

Re: song Broken@shay

It's always risky to second guess the meaning of the lyrics by any poet/songwriter. What seems most obvious is often not the actual meaning. Case in point, Springsteen's "I'm on Fire" which seems to be about passionate, unrequited love but, he explained, is actually about his anger at his mother's having to borrow money so her children could have school clothes and Christmas presents.

Since none of us can see into RDJ's memory and heart, we really don't know what he was writing about. The human heart can be broken by many people and events other than a lost love.

My take on the song is that RDJ's heart had been broken at some time, by some person or some event, but it's not for us listeners to know the, probably very painful, details.

Country USA

Re: song Broken@shay

I dont believe Im second guessing at all. His lyrics like his speech is communicated in fables to be interpeted as the listener see's it. Merely Im assessing the time line when it was written and what he said about it to have the feeling it was about ending a 7 yr affair w SJP

Country usa

Age (opt) 44