SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RDJ Movies

Hi Emily. Following are my opinions on your question. Others may differ.

Black and White has an ensemble cast. Robert is in and out of the movie quite a lot. Some violence. You won't want to miss his scene with Mike Tyson.

Eros has three short stories - Robert is in the one called Equilibrium. Very esoteric. One of my favorite of his performances. Low key. No violence.

Game 6 - Robert is in and out, but the last 20 minutes are worth the whole film for RDJ fans. He's remarkable in this role throughout. Sure, a bit of violence, but it's rather comical.

Natural Born Killers - extremely violent, Robert is featured and the climax is not pretty.

Country United States

i liked game 6 because robert played a really unusual character.

natural born killers was definitely not my cup of tea because i like you is a bit of a wimp regarding horror thriller movies. i had a lot of trouble sleeping after that. have not seen it after the first time.

another movie i freaked out about was in dreams where he played a psychotic serial killer named vivienne. creepy i must say.

hope this helps.

cheers
fiona

Country Australia

Age (opt) still feel 18

fiona

another movie i freaked out about was in dreams where he played a psychotic serial killer named vivienne. creepy i must say.

This one wasn't that frightening for me, and it's quite strange, because I'm a real coward, I can't watch horror movies or tougher thrillers. It was maybe because, for the first time I was looking forward to seeing the killer! And Robert played the psychopath very well, but it was still him...
Gothika is another story, I forced myself to watch it to see his scenes (which are just a few ), and I couldn't sleep after! It was horrifying for me.
Natural Born Killers was too violent, but not really frightening.

Good luck Emily, I think you should watch some of them in broad daylight.

Country Hungary

Age (opt) 35

Haha I know exactly what you mean! Looking forward to seeing him play a character like that makes it exciting and not so scary. :D
Yikes, Gothika is that scary?? I heard you jump a lot. That's what scares me the most. I hate things that pop out and such. >.<
I don't think I can watch Natural Born Killers. Seems too violent. :/
Yes! I'll be watching Gothika and In Dreams in the daytime with my friend, like I did with Zodiac...but that one wasn't very scary. lol. Even though I live in one of the counties where the case is still open... o.o

Well anyways thanks for your help! :)

Country USA

Age (opt) 19

Just my opinion here, of course.

I didn't think Gothika was that scary....but I have a pretty high tolerance for stuff like that. But there are a lot of scenes designed to make you jump and like Judy said, lots of disturbing images. But I thought it was just "so-so" as far as scariness goes. And no, Robert's role isn't huge.

I enjoyed Natural Born Killers, but like I said....I have a high tolerance for scary/violent stuff (I'm not sure what that says about me....LOL). It's so over-the-top crazy (even funny at times) and is definitely a criticism of mass media sensationalism. That being said, VERY violent, VERY disturbing in parts. Robert is brilliant in it....one of my favorite performances of his. But if you are bothered by violence and gore, then it's probably not for you.

Country South Carolina, USA

Age (opt) 35

Thanks guys! :)
I think my next watch will be Game 6. Seems interesting. :D
Yikes! Yeah, Fiona I'm like you. lol. So...I probably won't do so well with that one. Ahaha. Is In Dreams freaky too? That kinda sounds interesting. :P
I'm going to watch Gothika soon too? Should I be nervous? Ahaha. xDD

Country USA

Age (opt) 19

Gothika is kind of what they call "trashy horror". It's scary and there are some horrifying images. For some reason a number of Robert's scenes were cut. Probably for time. He's there but not as much as one would have liked.

Country United States

Yeah I heard he wasn't in it that much. :/
Oh well still seems kinda interesting. I'm gonna watch it with my friend. :P

Country USA

Age (opt) 19