SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New scene?

found this:

/Film’s Germain Lussier attended the press junket for The Avengers today. At the end of the press conference with the cast and crew, Robert Downey Jr. made a claim that the cast and crew were going to shoot one last remaining scene tonight after the junket.

The crowd laughed, but Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige seemed notably irritated that Downey had made the comment. Could it be that he let the cat out of the bag? Or was Feige just angry that he was starting false rumors, which could lead to undeliverable expectations?

As the crowd was abuzz, Downey responded that he wasn’t kidding. And then, wait for it, said “No more questions!” At that point, the cast and crew exited the stage, leaving all the geek journalists wondering if Downey was joking or was he telling the truth.

Germain had a one on one interview with Feige afterward and asked him point blank if they were filming another scene for The Avengers. Kevin responded “Do you always trust everything Robert Downey Jr. tells you?” So take that for whatever its worth. Note that he didn’t deny the claim, and why would he want people to speculate about something that might not exist — especially if it would leave some fanboys disappointed?

Update: Director Joss Whedon also later denied the claim in another press conference.

Update #2: Mark Ruffalo has confirmed to The Playlist that they are in fact shooting an extra scene for The Avengers tonight:

“We’re shooting a scene tonight. I’m not sure exactly where it’s gonna go. All I know is that someone came in with the costume and said, ‘Here’s some wardrobe. We don’t know where you’re going to be or what you’re doing.’ ” Ruffalo said. We asked if it will be in the “The Avengers” when it hits theaters Ruffalo added, “Yeah. So I’m like, ‘All right, when are we doing that?’ Today after we’re done.”

So lets be clear — right now lets treat this whole thing as just a rumor. It could be nothing. It could be a joke by Downey that fanboys and bloggers are grabbing onto because they want it to be true. And there is a good possibility it could be THAT.

But lets spend a minute and play the 100% fun speculation game:

Since the first tag teases an eventual Avengers sequel, one would assume that a second end-credits tag would tease one of their upcoming films — Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Thor 2 or… maybe something else? Something new?

Remember that Joss Whedon shot the end credits sequence for Thor. From what I recall, he shot the sequence months after the film had ended production. He shot it partly to test 3D camera rigs to see if he wanted to use them on The Avengers.

Edgar Wright has been attached to a big screen adaptation of Marvel’s Ant-Man for years now. Last I heard, Marvel was very happy with Wright’s script and wanted to greenlight the film. I heard that almost a year ago, and nothing has come of it.

This leads us to this tweet that we featured last week in Page

Country FRANCE

Age (opt) 27

Email  
Re: New scene? - by Sugus - Apr 13, 2012 3:06pm
Re: New scene? - by JudyG - Apr 13, 2012 3:43pm
Re: New scene? - by fiona - Apr 14, 2012 3:50am
Re: New scene? - by Sugus - Apr 15, 2012 12:06am
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com