SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sightseeing in Moscow----RDJ Style

In this Google-translated article a Russian security guard explains how RDJ went sightseeing in Moscow on Monday evening.

“He literally ran away from us. He said he wanted to spend some time in a hotel room and then a regular man passed by. We had no idea it was Robert, because he behaved like he doesn’t know who we are and what we were doing there. So about an hour later we found out he was lost. I tell you, we were so shocked. We looked literally everywhere and someone told us that he left about an hour ago with some of his friends and went for a walk. Couple of hours later we finally heard that he is in Nobu now, so we found him there. He friendly explained to us that he hates being treated like a star and he just wanted to take a walk and see Moscow with his own eyes, not from the hotel window. He is really unusual man”, explanation of security

Country USA

Re: Sightseeing in Moscow----RDJ Style

LOL!!! Unusual in a wonderful way!!! I don't blame him for wanting to see the city with friends, as a normal every day guy! Not with security guards!
His life must be a true "double-edged sword"!
Being a superstar is not an easy life! I wouldn't want it!

Country Arizona - USA

Age (opt) a few more than Robert

RDJ just being his usual wonderful self. I don't blame him either DrSues. He's a professional. He knows how to turn it on when he's on a red carpet, in front of a movie camera or posing for photographers. When all is said and done he just wants to do all the things any of us would want to experience if we were in a beautiful country or on vacation. He derserves to be "normal" every now and then without question. He's a genuine person and this just proves it.

Country USA MDR/Hollywood

Age (opt) Roberts

To me he sound like a NORMAL guy to want that. If thats unusual and "strange" I must be flippin' crazy:)

Country UK

Yea it must be hard to be him. I mean I would really hate it if I made 15 million for 3 months' work. Would really hate having all those houses in L.A. Would really hate flying on private jets and would really hate being able to give my kids everything they wished for in life.
He needs to stop complaining, he has almost the perfect life.If he wants privacy then maybe he should take a break from acting and not be on TV every other day. I bet you in two years time no one would recognize him on the streets of Chicago or London.
I think he's a great actor but his attitude sometimes is very annoying.

He may miss his baby.

He does his job. He earns every nickel they pay him. He never gripes. He's entitled to some down time.

Country United States

He Never complained. It doesn't say he complained. It just says he doesn't always want to have all the attention and he wanted to go sight seeing.

I have read every interview and he has never complained in any of them. Many times he talks about being greatful or lately about his cats ;)

And come on, everyone has a bad day. Money doesn't mean everyday for the rest of your life is going to be the "bestest day ever"

And also I might point out he was out having fun (not being upset and complaining) and he signed a ton of autographs for fans. So why would you say his complaining is annoying.

Age (opt) 13

Re: Sightseeing in Moscow----RDJ Style @Dudu

you need to reread this article, dudu. He's actually saying he doesn't want to be pampered like a movie star. He didn't make demands on anybody; he didn't ask for a limo. He just wanted to see the city on his own, without having people blocking the sights. He wanted to go out and sightsee --what's the problem with that?
Oh, and by the way, Robert's extremely gracious when it comes to dealing with the public. And you know what? he works hard for his money; he doesn't just read lines, he creates dialogue, he helps change stories -and he makes them better.

Country Guatemala

Age (opt) 51

I agree with Lisbeth I mean where in the article does it say that he was complaining? Or that he was acting like a diva? He never does compared to other stars, and as someone said already he has worked so hard to be in this place, he has seen it black for a lot of years and now finally his work has put him in the right place.

I don't understand people who think that actors doesn't have the right to have a normal life just because they are famous... what a shame

And I REALLY DON'T THINK anyone SPECIALLY US HERE ON DUF would forget about him in two years, if only I think he will be more famous

Country Mexico

Age (opt) 23

I will just add this coda: a young Russian girl bumped into him and his mates on the sidewalk and asked if he was Robert Downey Jr the actor. "Correct. What's up?" he said, and was extremely gracious to her, signed his autograph. So even out and about on his own he's always a pro.

Country United States

Wooow lucky girl!!!! What doesn't that happens to me??? T_T XD

Country Mexico

Age (opt) 23

Sugus
And I REALLY DON'T THINK anyone SPECIALLY US HERE ON DUF would forget about him in two years, if only I think he will be more famous

I've been in for 28 years and you can be sure I'm going to be around for many more years to come. That's just silly for anyone to speak for the masses on a forum like ths and suggest Roberts fans would be gone in a couple years. I guess some people just don't know genuine loyalty when it comes to supporting an amazing artist like Robert. He is incredible at ALL he does. He will be around for many years to come. GUARANTEED!!!!!!

Country USA MDR/Hollywood

Age (opt) Roberts

What I don't understand is, if you feel such strong negative feelings about Robert Downey Jr, why you are on a website completely dedicated to him posting on it. LOL!!

"I bet you in two years time, no one would recognize him on the streets of Chicago or London"

That's the second funniest thing I've heard all day! Because I know for sure, this girl will.

Country USA Florida

Age (opt) 14

i don't think he was complaining at all, he was just saying he wanted to go see moscow without a bunch of security guards following him around. I don't see what's annoying about that. It wouldn't matter if he was a huge star or just a nobody when you want to go out either at home or in a new city you usually want to go out with your friends not strangers.

I for one enjoy the way robert handles his frame, i know a bunch of people who have met him and every one of them say he is down to earth and gives you his full attention.

Country usa