SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Robert on "Finding Your Roots"@Vanessa and Amy

See my post below for the link to PBS site for that episode.

Country United States

Thanks Judy

Country UAS Ohio

Age (opt) 37

Judy thank you so much for posting the episode's link you are my hero =D

Country Mexico

Age (opt) 23

Re: Robert on "Finding Your Roots"

Dang...I missed it. it will probably show up on their website. right?

Country usa

It was a fascinating program. I liked seeing the parallels between Robert's ancestry and Maggie's. I took copious notes. A favorite moment for me was Robert's dad pointing out a picture on the wall, saying "That's me with one of my kids. I don't know which one." Judging from the preview of next week's show, it looks like Robert and Sam Jackson are both eligible to join the Sons of the American Revolution. And yes you can see the episode on the link below.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2221947390

Country United States

Now I love RDJ even more!

My Irish and German families came over (after the Revolutionary War) and both settled in Chester County, PA. So, I have that in common with Robert, but I'm also part Cherokee Indian.

Country USA

I totally enjoyed the show too. What a treat! and it was wonderful seeing Robert's father too. I am so glad they agreed to do this show and I bet they are glad too. I bet that big family tree poster is hanging in Robert's home now in a beautiful frame!

Country Oregon

I too loved seeing the parallels between him and Maggie. That is part of the charm of this show.

I am always fascinated and a bit confused on how they can properly trace family roots so far back. It is amazing really

Watching these shows make me want to find out more about my history. My family like Roberts is a product of the 60's when no one seemed to care much about their roots. I have only vague references about my family history.

I did!

Country USA

Really enjoyed the brief peek at TeamDowney's office space (I assume that's where the initial scene of Robert and Dr. Gates walking through a colorfully decorated office space was filmed). Also, intriguing to know about his Berks County, PA, ancestor, Tobias "one cow" Schucker, as I live in Berks County. Thought it was also sweet that he was a bit disappointed at how "white" he is! Like Maggie, his New York City roots seem to give him a yen for ethnicity. I also thought the segments with Mr. Downey Sr. were touching, especially his sadness that his great grandma only survived to age 45; he's nearly double that age. A good show.

Country USA