SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I know I am probably gonna get hate mail over this

Robert has said the public perception of this matter doesn't reflect what's really going on. Plus who can forget the night he performed a mitzvah for Mel while accepting his American Cinematheque Award?

Country United States

JudyG
Robert has said the public perception of this matter doesn't reflect what's really going on. Plus who can forget the night he performed a mitzvah for Mel while accepting his American Cinematheque Award?
Yeah I remember seeing that video. That was indeed a nice thing for him to do.

Country USA

Age (opt) 43

I think Mel is a wonderful actor!!! I've always loved his movies!
Did anyone else see him on Jay Leno a few nights ago? According to Mel - this latest problem was a total invasion of HIS privacy! Some guy he hired to write a script was putting him off and not getting the job done on time, and when he finally gave Mel a finished product it completely sucked! So Mel yelled at the guy - in the privacy of his own home - and didn't know that the guy was recording him!! This dumb-bag put the recording on YouTube and started all this latest crap! That should really be illegal!

Country Arizona - USA

Age (opt) a few more than Robert

You're right, Sue. Mr. Gibson has a surefire lawsuit there if he wants to pursue it.

Country United States

I don't know if he has a sure fire suit, I am not very familiar with Costa Rican law, but it seems unethical to me to record someone at their home without their consent, knowledge or permission, famous/public person or not.

Country USA

Age (opt) 43

everyone has their ups and downs even the famous. they are more exaggerated because they are famous.

cheers
fiona

Country australia

Age (opt) feel 18!

fiona
everyone has their ups and downs even the famous. they are more exaggerated because they are famous.

cheers
fiona
Very true. It seems like it could get to where you could trust very few people because of things like this.

Country USA

I have nothing against Mel. I like the bloke because he is a great actor and director. I haven't stopped liking him in spite of the bad publicity he has been getting recently. I can't say he is a bad person unless I know him personally. As Robert is a close friend of his I would believe what he says about Mel, not the gutter press that feeds people who are hungry for sensationalism. I have seen ' Air America ' ( one of my favourite RDJ movies ) . They have great chemistry in this film and I would be happy to see them together in a movie again. I know it won't happen any time soon but that would be great. I have also found out about Robert's past issues recently. I can't comment on that because I don't have much knowledge of it. I would take whatever the media said about him at the time with a pinch of salt. I would only believe his relatives and close friends who went through those bad times.
I am not judging these two men. In an ideal world nobody would have any flaws. We live in an imperfect world so you can't expect the rich and famous to be perfect.

They are both talented men and that is all that matters to me.