SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RDJ replaced in Iron Man? NEVER!!

This thread has been beat to death.
Robert IS Tony Stark until HE decides Not to be!
The End.

Country Arizona - USA

Age (opt) a few more than Robert

Hello Dr Sues,

Don't take it the wrong way.
Now that you have clarified his quote I admit I was wrong about him. You said it was just an act and he wasn't serious when he said that. Sorry, I misinterpreted his words. Believe me, I didn't think he was arrogant or full of himself until I read his quote. On the contrary,
I thought he was a nice guy and down to earth, with no big ego based on comments from people who have met him, so it came a shock to me. I didn't mean to insult him and offend the posters here. I am not a troll, and I wouldn't post stupid comments like ' he is an awful father to his sons', ' the guy can't dress himself properly. It happens when his wife is not there to babysit him' , ' he always plays himself or acts the same in every movie he's in' ( quotes from trolls who post on the IMDb board for RDJ).
He is a great actor and he has proved he is perfect for the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man. I didn't say he would be replaced right now. I still want to see him play Tony Stark until he says he is done with it. I like his Tony Stark and Sherlock Holmes but I would like to see him take different roles in any film genre between his franchises for a change.

How do you know there isn't any actor out there who has Robert's talent and charisma? How do you know there isn't any actor out there who could do justice to the role of Tony Stark or make the future Iron Man movies successful? Based on what? How would you know if you don't see any new Iron Man movie with a new lead actor?

Don't you think it is time Robert took roles that are of his acting level? He is wasting his talent on these Marvel pop corn flicks.

Re: RDJ replaced in Iron Man? NEVER!! to M

I don't understand what your problem is; we, as fans of RDJ, are saying that we wouldn't care for Iron Man as played by anybody else. Of course, anyone could be brought to play Tony Stark, we just wouldn't care about the character anymore because it wouldn't be as good as Robert.
For instance, I won't be seeing the new Spiderman because to me, TM is the best Peter Parker and if I've got his movies to enjoy, why would I invest my time in a lesser act?
I am glad Robert brought class and quality to the role of Iron Man, because it's showed other actors that these roles can be fun to play but honorable as well.

Country Guatemala

Age (opt) 51

I don't undersand why you get so worked up when an actor is replaced by another one.
It's not a big deal.
How do you know the Iron Man character would not be as good if it was played by a different actor? How do you know the new actor who plays Spiderman will not be as good as Tobey Maguire? Based on what? You haven't seen anything yet. It is hard to make a judgement on something you haven't seen. You don't know if a new actor will not be as good as his predecessor until you see the movie.

Geeze, you still don't get it. What I'm saying is that I don't care if they bring another actor 'cause as far as I'm concerned, the RDJ movies are so good they're enough for me. I love Robert as Tony, and that's the only Tony I need. Or take Tobey, for instance; there are many reasons why I love his PParker and one of them is that he looked like a teen, which is more than I can say for the new actor, and that's the first thing that put me off this reboot.

Country Guatemala

Age (opt) 51

You don't understand what I am saying, Lisbeth. You won't be seeing the new Superman movie just because you think Tobey Maguire is the best Peter Parker/ Spiderman and nobody else could step into his shoes. I agree with you on Tobey's performance. He is a great Peter Parker/ Spiderman. He did a great job. He is a fine actor. What I am saying is you can't say his replacement in the new Spiderman movie is not as good as him. You haven't seen his performance so you have no idea how he plays the role. I can't get how you can judge a new actor without seeing his performance. You are just making assumptions, and you have nothing to back them up. You won't be seeing a franchise movie with a different lead actor based on the assumption that he couldn't do justice to the role. I understand it is your choice but that's stupid, and it shows how closed-minded you are.

Aaaaaw, I'm touched at how worried/indignant you are that I might miss the new Spiderman extravaganza... Really, you bring tears to my eyes...! (sounds of Kleenex being hastily pulled to wipe nose)
Ok, here's the thing: I keep an eye on my time; I tend to go overboard with my likes -when I like something, I dedicate attention and resources to it: I collect movies, magazines, and I write fanfiction too. What I mean is, I don't need to see a new Spiderman ---or a new Iron Man for that matter: I'm too invested on this one. It's like a relationship of sorts, and I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Oh, and in case you're worried that I'll tell my pals at Sony to stop promotion of the new SP movie, you can relax, I'm not gonna do that.
I hope you (finally) get it. Meanwhile, I've got losts of Tony/Avengers fanfics to write.

Country Guatemala

Age (opt) 51