SMILIES       BB-CODE       FORUM GUIDELINES       SITE DONATIONS       CONTACT ADM
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wing Chun King Fu

did robert like shakespeare' s work?

Country Indonesia

Age (opt) 19

Sorry? Don't understand the connection to Wing Chun.

Country United States

so sorry, I just wrote an absurd question. there's no connection between them.

Country Indonesia

Age (opt) 19

That's OK. Robert was planning to do a Shakespeare production with Mel Gibson at one time. He also appeared in Ian MacKellon's film "Richard III". But he says he is not very interested in Shakespeare.

Country United States

Hi, Could you please post the foreword of this book? Hope this doesn't bother you, i just really want to see what robert wrote...

Country China

Age (opt) 23

Re: Wing Chun Kung Fu@Andrea

Can you please email me? For copyright reasons I don't want to post this.

Country United States

A VERY BIG APOLOGY

I am only just catching my egregious typo. Writing fast. Obviously I meant KUNG Fu, not KING. Apologies to Mr. D and his Sifu.

Country United States

Did it just arrive now? I remember when I posted it you were going to pre-order it. That was a few months ago.

Country USA

Re: Wing Chun Kung Fu

I have my copy from Amazon. And thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Country United States

i have just gone to the www.borders.com.au site who are an online bookstore here in australia. costs about $30. placed it in my list.

does anyone know if there is a book that introduces you to the art so that you can ease into it slowly?

cheers

fiona

Country australia

Age (opt) 42 (and proud of it!)

fiona
i have just gone to the www.borders.com.au site who are an online bookstore here in australia. costs about $30. placed it in my list.

does anyone know if there is a book that introduces you to the art so that you can ease into it slowly?

cheers

fiona

Fiona,
I recommend finding a teacher (Sifu). If you are in decent shape, you'll be fine. Be sure your teacher has the proper lineage so that you know you're being taught correctly. A book is good for info and philosophy, but it can't really take you through the forms. Perhaps a video if you're really nervous about joining a class...but most places will let you sign on for a month at a time, so if it turns out that it isn't for you, it won't cost you too much.
I'm studying with a great Sifu and really enjoy it! I go 4 times a week - it's also a great extra workout on top of my daily....
I say give it a shot! You know, Wing Chun was developed by a woman and is specifically designed to give you a strategy to overcome the size and power of your opponent.
Good luck!

Country USA

Age (opt) 47

Hey
I judt haf my first lesson of Wing Chun. It was great! I play soccer now for 8 years but I was never the perfect sport for me because you have games every sunday and such. I always wanted to do some martial arts but never had the courage or enough determination to finally try it. When I read RDJ does it, I finally told myself to just try it. So right now I have to decode between soccer and wing chun. Both won't work out since soccer is already 4 times a week....
What lineage did you choose? I read that Robert is taught traditional wing chun coming from william cheung. You don't have this lineage close to me but there is applied wing chun from lineage duncan leung. Both come from yip man. What do you think about this?
And could you also send me the foreword of the book to my email milena_kuhn@yahoo.de? That would be great. Maybe I will buy it too!
Thanks a lot for your thoughts
Love
Milena

Country Switzerland