Return to Website

Y? Research/Coursework Center

Have a school paper or project to complete? Conducting scholastic or diversity research related to cultural information and differences? Looking for people to take part in a diversity research project? The Y? Research/Coursework Center is a fast, easy way for you to make the right contacts and secure the best data. Remember to read Y?'s User Agreement, then click here to post your query. In addition, if you see a question related to your background or expertise, please feel free to answer it. As always, remember to use proper etiquette when using the message center. Violaters will be banned from further use.

Forum: Y? Research/Coursework Center
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Sexual minorities attitudes re: mental illness in their community

I am doing some research which requires me to find out how the sexual minority community generally understands mental illness. While I have found plenty of research about the attitudes of folks in the mental health field towards sexual minorities (there is quite a lot of homophobia that affects access), I have not found aything in my data base searches of journals regarding the other issue.

Interestingly enough, I am a sexual minority with a mental health issue, and a grad student of mental health counseling. I would be interested in hearing from GLBTQ folks who have mental illnesses, or from those who do not.

If you do not have a mental illness and you meet someone who does, how does that affect your level of trust and respect for that person? If you do have a mental illness, how have you been treated differently when it is known by others in the community, if at all?

Any ideas you have to share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Morgan

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com