Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Concert In Georgia Late Review

Sorry it's taken so long. The concert was 2 weeks ago and I'm still on a natural high. No, again, I didn't meet David. In fact, security was VERY tight. David got there just a few minutes before he took the stage and left right after the show was over. I found out before the show (and David verified during the show during a mess up on a song ending) that the band didn't even rehearse before the show. Basically, he'd never even been in the venue.

The show was however, fabulous as always. David joked around with the audience and even signed some autographs. He kept mentioning the heat here (he also mentioned that although he was a Yankee, he and his family has recently moved to the South). A lady brought him a huge bag of ice. He had it during the whole show. Every so often he'd pick it up. She became his "favorite" for the evening. lol

One thing that I would change (and this is at most venues, I believe) and that's having VIP's up front. Most of them couldn't care less about being there. David did sing to some of them and some of the women were fans, but for the most part his fans were in the major part of the audience. He even mentioned after a couple of songs to those in the front something to the effect of "you guys didn't pay for your tickets tonight, did you?" and they just sat there! He said something to the effect of " I can tell, cuz my REAL FANS are up there!" and pointed to us! What a thrill. I do wish venues would see that. I know VIP's are important and all, and I'm not sure what imput the artists have on that, but you could tell that David would have rather had his "fans" closer. He even made the comment once about "inviting all my fans down here and REALLY ****ing off everyone in the "gold" seats". I loved that!

After the show, my daughter Cassidy and I hung around. This year, we both got a guitar pick and I got DAVID's "show order". Now, it's not much. Just 2 pages of the order of the show, intro, what songs where, etc. It's interesting though. The "encore" was supposed to be "Hollywood Nights", but wasn't. When David came back out for the encore, he said that the band told him they'd die from heat exhaustion if they had to go back out, so in that wonderful acappello voice of his, he sung "America The Beautiful". It was very memoriable. Can't wait to do it again.

It's been said before and it's being said again... "I think I love him!" lol

Re: Concert In Georgia Late Review

Thank U Susan!!!! We understand why it taken so long... 2 much 2 do and NEVER enough time in 1 day! We really do appriecate U taking the time to let us all know about the concert!
I really would have love 2 hear David sing "America The Beautiful"!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sorry it's taken so long. The concert was 2 weeks ago and I'm still on a natural high. No, again, I didn't meet David. In fact, security was VERY tight. David got there just a few minutes before he took the stage and left right after the show was over. I found out before the show (and David verified during the show during a mess up on a song ending) that the band didn't even rehearse before the show. Basically, he'd never even been in the venue.

The show was however, fabulous as always. David joked around with the audience and even signed some autographs. He kept mentioning the heat here (he also mentioned that although he was a Yankee, he and his family has recently moved to the South). A lady brought him a huge bag of ice. He had it during the whole show. Every so often he'd pick it up. She became his "favorite" for the evening. lol

One thing that I would change (and this is at most venues, I believe) and that's having VIP's up front. Most of them couldn't care less about being there. David did sing to some of them and some of the women were fans, but for the most part his fans were in the major part of the audience. He even mentioned after a couple of songs to those in the front something to the effect of "you guys didn't pay for your tickets tonight, did you?" and they just sat there! He said something to the effect of " I can tell, cuz my REAL FANS are up there!" and pointed to us! What a thrill. I do wish venues would see that. I know VIP's are important and all, and I'm not sure what imput the artists have on that, but you could tell that David would have rather had his "fans" closer. He even made the comment once about "inviting all my fans down here and REALLY ****ing off everyone in the "gold" seats". I loved that!

After the show, my daughter Cassidy and I hung around. This year, we both got a guitar pick and I got DAVID's "show order". Now, it's not much. Just 2 pages of the order of the show, intro, what songs where, etc. It's interesting though. The "encore" was supposed to be "Hollywood Nights", but wasn't. When David came back out for the encore, he said that the band told him they'd die from heat exhaustion if they had to go back out, so in that wonderful acappello voice of his, he sung "America The Beautiful". It was very memoriable. Can't wait to do it again.

It's been said before and it's being said again... "I think I love him!" lol