Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: He Got Happy

You are very welcome!

Octavia

Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

I am the "Linda Donofrio" from Reading, PA who had two questions for David posted in that article. I didn't even know that they were chosen until last night when I stumbled upon the article. I thought that for that contest you had to ask a very unusual question to win two tickets, but I didn't win. However, I was pleased to be listed in the article and to have my questions answered. He is so polite in his answers and sweet in a devilish way! Anyway, my really original question wasn't included: did he get dental veneers or enlongate his laterals because I am a dental rep and I thought that they looked altered in person (from his older photos!). Anyway, I did meet him and his eyes were beautiful and sparkly. This is a lovely site, Octavia; everyone is so sweet here. I hope that you had a good holiday & Happy New Year!!
Linnybaby

Re: Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

Hi, Linda, I'm Carolina from Venezuela and I'm really sorry that you hadn't got the tickets they promised for the concert. That's not fair, but anyway, if you've had the big pleasure to meet this man, is like the credit card commercial: priceless!!!!! Good for you, Linda!

Kisses,
CAROLINA

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

Yes, I met him BRIEFLY at a concert in PA in March of 2003, and he is just beautiful up close. I am 35 yrs old, I 've liked him for 30+ yrs and even I was blown away. He's very fit & thin, but his face is literally breath-taking. He was very sweet, held my hand, nuzzled my cheek and let me tell him things (all I could say was I Love you, You're so incredible, so Sext, etc!) I had approached the stage to take a picture, then I gave him my thong, and he came to the edge of the stage, knelt down, took my hand and started talking to me. It was literally a dream come true. I had gone to see him for the first time ever (at 35) and after that encounter, I was crazy about him like it was 30 years ago! I went to see him again in Sept of 2003 in MD and my best friend traveled 5 hrs to go with me, we bought bouquets of flowers and put notes in them and we handed them him on stage. He smiled and said thank you. He's very, very beautiful up close. I've seen him be sort of sarcastic, but he was just lovely to me. Also, he was checking into the hotel where he played and we were behind him in line. He's really quite something to see. I hope that you get to see him up close too. By the way, his voice is fabulous, too. He's not just beautiful!!!

Linny

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

WOW, Linny, I imagine your happiness for that experience. And I really believe you when you say that he's not only handsome, but also very sweet and very talented person. I can see those qualities in his eyes, believe it or not. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that he'd never come to my country (Venezuela) because he isn't known here, although we could see The Partridge Family at a local TV channel in the seventies. In fact, I couldn't buy the Live in Concert DVD, because it's not available here, and I don't have any credit card to buy it through Internet. But I still have hope that I will have this DVD in my hands very soon!
By the way, I'm 35 years old too, what do you do for living? I'm a teacher.
Kisses and thanks for answering me.
Bye,
CAROLINA

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

Hey there! I'm a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative for a dermatology and dental company. I travel a lot and it's pretty interesting & fun, although hectic at times. What subject or grade do you teach? My experience was very brief meeting him, but it was extraordinary. It made my year, I must say! My friend and I are considering going to CT to see him perform in March, but it is a pretty long drive. Has he never been to Venezuela? I can't buy the DVD either, because there is some issue with it being geared to the system in the UK vs. the US. I don't understand it. One thing that I will say is that the first time that I went to see him, he allowed pictures, autographs, touched people; it was amazing! The audience literally ate him up! When I saw him in September in MD, in a smaller venue, he was cautious about people touching him, autographs, etc. which was disappointing, although understandable. His voice is amazing, his face is beautiful, but his eyes are unbelievable. Maybe you'll be able to travel to the US to see him sometime! I hope so.

Linny

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

Your job sounds really interesting, Linny, specially because you have the chance to travel a lot and it's really funny! I'm a French & English teacher and I work in oil companies teaching Spanish to foreigners. I also have students from elemetary and high school, but I don't work with any specific school.
To travel to US to go to a David concert is one of my dreams, I hope I can do that very soon. But the tickets for travelling in a plane (sorry, but I can't remember the right name for that right now) are really expensive for us so I think I have to wait a little bit more to go there
David has never come here, although as far as I know he did go only to Mexico and Peru in the 70's, but not Venezuela.
I must go now, Linny. Kisses and hope to see you here again soon. Have a nice day!
Bye,
CAROLINA

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

You know, it's funny that you teach English & French, because even though I work for a pharmaceutical company, my degree is in English and I did take the Education courses to be a teacher, even though I never did that. Also, your English is very, very good and I took about 12 years of French, although most of what I learned is forgotten now! Maybe someday David will read the messages posted on his sites and see that his fans NEED him in Venezeula and plan a trip there! I hear the your country is very beautiful; I have been to the Carribean and Bermuda, etc., but never to Venezuela. I would like to go there someday. I just sent a very good friend of mine who lives in California the re-released CD of Cherish because we haven't talked in years and we just got back in contact and she likes David Cassidy and it was so nice because she called me all excited and said that she LOVES the CD and she had forgotten how beautiful his voice is and how much she used to love him and now all she can think about is that she now has a crush on David Cassidy again after 30 years! I try to share his love a little bit! No, really, I will buy 2 or 3 extra copies of his CD's and then send them to people and they get so excited. It's sweet! Better run; it's 20 degrees and snowing here! Much love from Pennsylvania!!

Linny

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

Hi, Linny,
Thank you for your compliment about my English, Linny, it makes me feel good! Yes, when you don't practice a language, you tend to forget it. You're not the only one.
It's curious, right? The fact that you have a degree in education and you've never worked as a teacher. I tell you that because it happens the same thing with me and Drama. I studied Acting and Drama in a academy, but I've never performed in any theater, even though I love acting very very much. You see, that's life
I hope David read all these messages, because then he will realize how much we care about him and his talent!
Venezuela is really beautiful because anything you want to find in a country, you will find it here. We have mountains, snow (although we are a tropical country), beaches, desserts, fields, etc. I'm quite sure that you will enjoy Venezuela if you decide to come here someday!
Talking about snowing, I just watched on the news that it's snowing a lot in the US! Poor girl, you must be cold! Well, hope you are in safe from those terrible natural things there.
Ok I must go now too, kisses and hope to hear from you very soon. By the way, if you want, we can email each other anytime you want. My email is: carolinaramirezve@yahoo.com.
Bye, sweetie!
CAROLINA

Re: Re: Re: Re: He Got Happy

Thank you for the compliments! There is a realy great bunch of people here!

I must say DC's eyes made me melt too I'll never forget them!

I had a really nice holiday and a very Happy New Year!
Hope U all did too!

Luv,
Octavia

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am the "Linda Donofrio" from Reading, PA who had two questions for David posted in that article. I didn't even know that they were chosen until last night when I stumbled upon the article. I thought that for that contest you had to ask a very unusual question to win two tickets, but I didn't win. However, I was pleased to be listed in the article and to have my questions answered. He is so polite in his answers and sweet in a devilish way! Anyway, my really original question wasn't included: did he get dental veneers or enlongate his laterals because I am a dental rep and I thought that they looked altered in person (from his older photos!). Anyway, I did meet him and his eyes were beautiful and sparkly. This is a lovely site, Octavia; everyone is so sweet here. I hope that you had a good holiday & Happy New Year!!
Linnybaby