Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Best of Times, Worst of Times: David Cassidy

David may have started out when he was sixteen but, I don't feel he was considered a Star. I believe his fame began in The Partridge Family when he was older and no longer considered a child but, a young adult, even though he looked much younger than he was. Perhaps that is the way he sees it? I think it boils down to ones meaning of Star not that U are right or wrong. I posted the meaning of
Star
below and if you go by that he could be considered a child star. That is just my take on the subject. Anyone else have any comments?

A Star is...

Detailed description:-
10 Dictionary Entries found
---------------------------
1) n :a star-shaped character * used in printing
2) n astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior
3) n :any celestial body visible (as a point of light) from the Earth at night
4) n :someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
5) n :a performer who receives prominent billing
6) n :a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem
7) v :mark with an asterisk
Example: Linguists star unacceptable sentences
v :feature as the star; of artistic performances
9) n :an actor who plays a principal role
10) v :be the star in a performance

Re: Re: Re: Best of Times, Worst of Times: David Cassidy

LOL.... I didn't put those smilly's in there. LMAO....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

David may have started out when he was sixteen but, I don't feel he was considered a Star. I believe his fame began in The Partridge Family when he was older and no longer considered a child but, a young adult, even though he looked much younger than he was. Perhaps that is the way he sees it? I think it boils down to ones meaning of Star not that U are right or wrong. I posted the meaning of
Star
below and if you go by that he could be considered a child star. That is just my take on the subject. Anyone else have any comments?

A Star is...

Detailed description:-
10 Dictionary Entries found
1) n :a star-shaped character * used in printing
2) n astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior
3) n :any celestial body visible (as a point of light) from the Earth at night
4) n :someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
5) n :a performer who receives prominent billing
6) n :a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem
7) v :mark with an asterisk
Example: Linguists star unacceptable sentences
v :feature as the star; of artistic performances
9) n :an actor who plays a principal role
10) v :be the star in a performance

Re: Re: Re: Best of Times, Worst of Times: David Cassidy

Thank you for your opinion, Octavia, certainly I misunderstood something there. I thought he became famous thanks to Bonanza, but not because of The Patridge Family. But then when I watched the "TVography" about The Partridge Family (I'd recorded it and it was yesterday that I had the chance to watch the program) I realized that it's like you said, he became famous thanks to The Partridge Family, he audictioned for the role without knowing that Shirley Jones was there too. He wasn't very known before and when he did The Partridge Family he was 20, he wasn't a real teenager.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer my questions, Octavia, you're really sweet!

Bye,

CAROLINA

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best of Times, Worst of Times: David Cassidy

You are very welcome! Thank you so much 4 your compliments

Luv,
Octavia

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thank you for your opinion, Octavia, certainly I misunderstood something there. I thought he became famous thanks to Bonanza, but not because of The Patridge Family. But then when I watched the "TVography" about The Partridge Family (I'd recorded it and it was yesterday that I had the chance to watch the program) I realized that it's like you said, he became famous thanks to The Partridge Family, he audictioned for the role without knowing that Shirley Jones was there too. He wasn't very known before and when he did The Partridge Family he was 20, he wasn't a real teenager.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer my questions, Octavia, you're really sweet!

Bye,

CAROLINA