Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DC in Florida & UK?

Hi. Yes, I did. I had a lot of fun, but this show IMO was a bit different than the last six I've seen since 2001. First of all it was the first matinee show I've seen of David. He was in full sunlight and for the uninitiated to the FL heat, it was hot. I think he played a little more than an hour, so it seemd to go by really fast to me. He also didn't chat much. He only did one encore song - "Hollywood Nights." But he seemed in good spirits and very high energy. The best news is he had on his white T-shirt! He wasn't wearing his black jeans, but sort of cotton blend casual black pants. He did "CC Rider" and "Jenny Jenny" in place of "No Bridge." The band sounded great and the new guitar player, Matt, has a harder sound than the last guitarist and I really enjoyed that. One surprise was that Dave Madden (Reuben Kincaid)was there. David announced that pretty early in the show and lots of people went over to see him. He also stayed after talking and signing autographs. I guess he had come up from his home in Miami. Best of all, there was a good crowd there and lots of guys there rocking out. One tall guy with long hair and a black hat stood out as a misplaced Guns & Roses fan, but he was totally rocking out to David. I have lots of pics if I can figure out how to post them.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Kim L. R U out there? If so...Did U go to this concert?

Replying to:

Did anybody out there go to see the DC concert in Hallandale, Florida last week ? Does anybody have any news of DC coming back to the UK this year ?

Re: Re: DC in Florida & UK?

Hi Kim L. Thanks for this - it was good to read your review of this concert which was very descriptive and not difficult to imagine for us here in rainy UK! Interesting to hear how different the concert was and how good the band and new guitarist are. I particularly iked your description of what DC was wearing. . I saw DC twice last year in Edinburgh, Scotland and then in July at Liverpool where he and the band were brilliant - before that it was back in 1973 at Wembley, UK. Look forward to seeing the pics of the Florida concert if you can get them on.

Replying to:

Hi. Yes, I did. I had a lot of fun, but this show IMO was a bit different than the last six I've seen since 2001. First of all it was the first matinee show I've seen of David. He was in full sunlight and for the uninitiated to the FL heat, it was hot. I think he played a little more than an hour, so it seemd to go by really fast to me. He also didn't chat much. He only did one encore song - "Hollywood Nights." But he seemed in good spirits and very high energy. The best news is he had on his white T-shirt! He wasn't wearing his black jeans, but sort of cotton blend casual black pants. He did "CC Rider" and "Jenny Jenny" in place of "No Bridge." The band sounded great and the new guitar player, Matt, has a harder sound than the last guitarist and I really enjoyed that. One surprise was that Dave Madden (Reuben Kincaid)was there. David announced that pretty early in the show and lots of people went over to see him. He also stayed after talking and signing autographs. I guess he had come up from his home in Miami. Best of all, there was a good crowd there and lots of guys there rocking out. One tall guy with long hair and a black hat stood out as a misplaced Guns & Roses fan, but he was totally rocking out to David. I have lots of pics if I can figure out how to post them.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Did anybody out there go to see the DC concert in Hallandale, Florida last week ? Does anybody have any news of DC coming back to the UK this year ?

Re: Re: Re: DC in Florida & UK?

Thanks. I sent about five pics along to Octavia, so hopefully she can get some of them up here. I took quite a few!

Replying to:

Hi Kim L. Thanks for this - it was good to read your review of this concert which was very descriptive and not difficult to imagine for us here in rainy UK! Interesting to hear how different the concert was and how good the band and new guitarist are. I particularly iked your description of what DC was wearing. . I saw DC twice last year in Edinburgh, Scotland and then in July at Liverpool where he and the band were brilliant - before that it was back in 1973 at Wembley, UK. Look forward to seeing the pics of the Florida concert if you can get them on.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: DC in Florida & UK?

Thanks Kim! I haven't been able to get online 4 the last couple of days Hopefully I can get some work done today! I haven't even been to my mail box yet! I will get those pics up asap! Once again ...Thanks so much 4 your review! Luv that T-Shirt! UMMMmmmmm...

Replying to:

Thanks. I sent about five pics along to Octavia, so hopefully she can get some of them up here. I took quite a few!

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to: