Cherish Classic Songs Didn't You Used To Be Daydreamer The Definitive Collection Up to Date  A Partridge Family Christmas Card Sound Magazine The Partridge Family Notebook Halloween Howls

The David Cassidy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lancaster...AWESOME!!!

Thank U sooooo.... much 4 the review!!!! Seeing I can't go and C him ...I really do appreciate the reviews!!!!

I was off line 4 a couple days because of having to repair all my phone lines.

That is so KEWL... The same hotel! That was very sweet of U not to bother him. I'm not so sure I could have refrained from doing so LOL...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

as you can imagine, Lancaster was amazing!

the show started out just as on the DVD. David sang Point Me In The Direction of Albuquerque and Do You Believe in Magic? in a tribute of sorts to songwriters Tony Romeo and John Sebastian. (i did not write down the set list, but i think he did these where he sang I Am A Clown and I Write the Songs on the DVD, which i dont recall him singing at this concert)

he talked alot with us, and twice he told the "goons" who were "protecting" him from us to leave us stand there and not send ppl back to their seats!! he was loving every minute of it. he did sort of an autograph session during Cherish, signing many albums for ppl standing alongside the stage.

he was really teasing us during I Woke Up In Love This Morning, when he says "this pillow i've been UM-UM and kissin"...the whole place was squealing!

now for the best part....David and the band stayed at the same hotel that we did! i saw Lisa getting off the elevator on our floor and congratulated her on the great show! Rachel & i had been on our way to check out a restaurant, so after that we sat in the lobby. about 20 minutes later David arrived but i passed up my chance to speak to him out of respect to his right to privacy. he was beat from the show (the sweat had been POURING off of that beautiful face) and as he came into the lobby he was talking with Candace, Frank and Matt. it just felt like it would have been wrong to bother him, even tho im sure he would not have treated me that way.

we did ride the next elevator after his with Lon and Rob, who we did talk with and also told them how much we had loved the show, as well as when we saw David in Atlantic City in 2001. of course, i couldnt sleep that nite AT ALL, just knowing that David was in the building, but i will ALWAYS have that memory of David in his baseball cap and carrying a white bag from someplace like a grocery store...just a regular guy that i have loved from afar for these past 33 years!

nan im in heaven....